Diageo is rated as a top supplier for category development within FMCG
- We are the trusted advisor A for Spirits and broader BWS - we are their first port of call and most valued source of insight on getting the category fundamentals right.
- Our deep understanding strategies and shopper insights is applied to create, in collaboraton, a clear and powerful category growth plan.
- We are maximising working relationships with external/agency partners. Everyone is clear on their role and works with agility to delight the customer.
We drive category growth through collaboration
- We know how to influence and get things done , so that we make our category plans a reality.
- We continually evaluate category performance and how it responds to all category levers, and consistently use this to improve the category plan and maximise growth.
We drive Diageo performance through our category relationship
- Through growing the category and maximising physical availability across the business, we drive Diageo sales.
- The clear customer, category and shopper benefit of all of our propositions, combined with our regular interaction with key customer contacts, results in fast alignment to propositions and effective activation.
We drive Diageo performance through internal category leadership
- Strong working relationships exist multi-functional selling team, and our penetrating analysis of shopper and market data is used routinely in MFST decision making.
- Strong working relationships exist with relevant internal partners such as Customer Marketing, Reserve and Brand teams, and our understanding of our shoppers and categories is used to drive the physical availability of our brands across the whole channel.
- We always leverage scale through open, trusting exchange of results and ideas.
Top 3 functional capabilities for this role:
Internal and external collaboration
- Deep understanding of customer needs: knows what it will take to create more profitable winning customer propositions and translates this into customer plans.
- Manages multiple stakeholders (internal & external), creates effective relationships with suppliers and key customer contacts.
Translating insights into executable plans
- Comfortable working with high volumes of complex data. Can extract simple, penetrating, actionable insights (the 'so what?') from multiple sources of information and communicate these effectively internally and with customers in order to generate decisions and actions.
- Great project management capability: sustains commitment to the outcomes and focuses on the priorities.
- Keeps focussed on the ROI of projects: Works to extract maximum return from each £1 invested.
Essential Qualifications / knowledge / experience required:
- Multifunctional commercial experience including at least some of: sales/commercial planning/category development/insight
- Knows how to get things done in customers: has an in depth understanding of their business strategies, operating practices, culture and customers
- Experience of customer engagement and project management
- Strong analytical skills and strategic thinking
- Flexibility to simultaneously manage multiple projects for different stakeholders while ruthlessly prioritising time
- Can foster commitment through team working
Travel requirements: within GB (e.g. to customer )