About the role
Responsible for the development and execution of market strategy within the designated State (Ohio) to drive superior performance and value creation in order to ensure goals are achieved through Distributor Management and relationship building with strategic accounts.
In this role you will be accountable for creating value through driving sales and developing strong relationship with key customers in your assigned states. You will be driving the performance and growth of Bacardi's brands within your territory through negotiating the commercial terms and building long lasting relationships with customers and the State. Your strong communication, presentation, networking and interpersonal skills will be key to your success in this role.
- You will be responsible to deliver key sales and Commercial targets for your dedicated territory as determined by the Company's financial plan.
- You are an important day-to-day face of Bacardi towards the customers in your dedicated territory and will act as the key contact for customers in that territory, driving new business and maintaining sustainable relationships.
- You will execute customer and shopper programs agreed in the Integrated Activity Plan (IAP).
- You will use Bacardi Commercial Way assets (e.g. Picture of Success) and approach with excellence to activate our brands to influence consumers at the point of purchase
- You will be accountable for optimizing the return on Investment across your territory
This role is varied and a large percentage of your time will be spent interacting with the Distributor and local customers. As a result, you can expect to be travelling extensively within your territory in order to stay connected to all customers.
Key accountabilities and responsibilities
- Develop, implement and achieve fiscal year sales goals through channel focused tactics and set Action Plans.
- Develop, implement and execute sales programs and pricing strategy.
- Review monthly account performance, including Revenue and Value Creation.Regional Director as part of long term planning.
- Develop and execute distribution standards with our Broker & low proof Distributor network.
- Lead the customer planning process.
- Build and maintain close working relationships with the top on and off premise accounts, both chains and independents.
- Build and maintain close working relationships with Distributor's Sales and Management personnel.
- Work and coordinate each market with the top Distributor representatives, and other BUSA Field Sales personnel and support.
- Conduct mid-year and annual planning and review meetings with Distributors, in order to actively identify areas of market opportunity and address accordingly.
- Deliver fact-based selling presentations as a way to communicate BUSA objectives / brand strategies and keep brands at the forefront at broker meetings.
- Ongoing broker management responsibilities including monitoring of KPI's, price points (including competitive set), orders, shipments, samples, training and POS management.
- Conduct quarterly market analysis surveys / KPI audits (25%-40%) in all major markets.
- Provide monthly reports and status / accomplishments recap to the General Manager.
- Assist in the development of the State budget plans under the direction of the V.P. Sales and/or General Manager.
- Sharing of best practices, i.e. Use of economies of scale and Innovations.
- Takes a lead in self-development and initiates dicussion with direct manager on development plans. Seeks feedback.
Measures of success
- Performance: Achieve Depletion & Net Sales Value based targets vs.budget; Achieve market KPI targets.
- Value share: Drive value share growth of key Bacardi brands
- Commercial scorecard: Achieve goals defined in Commercial Scorecard and Country Capability Action Plan
- Customer: Achieve target customer satisfaction measures
Critical experiences for success
To be successful in this role you will have/be:
- Bachelor's degree in Business Management, or related area.
- Ability to create, maintain and build professional relationships.
- Effective use of networking and strong interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated track record of performance and delivery.
- Excellent presentation, organizational, analytical, interpersonal and written/oral communication skills
- Proficiency with Diver software, MS office and related applications.
- Must have a valid driver's license with a satisfactory driving record.
Work experience requirements
- 3 - 5+ years Field Sales experience, preferably in the Spirits and/or Beverage industry.
- Territory management (budget and tools)
- Distributor(s) performance management
- Retail (key) performance management
- 2+ years Supervisory/Management experience, a plus.
Our ways of working
Our family legacy has positively influenced our ways of working and has shaped the values to which our employees aspire. We're caring, like a family, and not only internally, but also in the wider communities in which we operate. This is demonstrated by our commitment to both act responsibly and promote the choice to drink responsibly. We trust one another, and through that trust are able to forge strong teams and networks that empower our matrix organization structure. We're passionate, reflecting our Latin heritage, and this means that we commit more than just time to our work: we commit energy, heart and soul. We are dedicated to being a role model in our industry, and we approach everything we do with Integrity First. Together, our values help us create what we're most proud of: our True Heart and Winning Spirit - both in our home markets and across the world.