Diageo is the world's leading premium drinks company, a business built on the principles and foundations laid by the giants of our industry.
Purpose of the Role
The ISC Technical Process Team is a team of global technical experts in distilled spirits processing and maturation. The role of the team is to provide step changes in performance through the application of new technology and science. This means delivery of:
* Innovation: Identifying and commercialising processes to intensify and create new flavours/ characters in whisk(e)y and other spirits
* Cost Reduction: Identifying and commercialising processes to reduce production costs along the distilled spirits production process.
* Environmental Improvement: Identifying and commercialising processes to reduce energy use and valorise our waste stream along the distilled spirits production process.
* Operational Support: Troubleshoot existing distilled spirits processes at Diageo and partner sites around the world. Support the design of new distilled spirits production sites across Diageo.
The Lead Project Scientist delivers priority platforms and projects in order to quickly deliver maximum value to the business. These projects can be anywhere along the distilled spirits process and in any market.
The Lead Project Scientist is very experienced and knowledgeable in distilled spirits production and will coach/ teach less experienced members of the team in this specialist subject.
The Lead Project Scientist has responsibility for the Process and Wood laboratories to ensure that equipment is fit for purpose and operations codified.
Entry Level Requirements - Capabilities, Skills & Experience:
The successful candidate will have expertise gained from appropriate academic qualifications and/or experience in distilled spirits production built up over a number of roles.
* Expert level knowledge of the science and technology of distilled spirits production including co-products.
* Knowledge of Diageo's products and processes
* Knowledge of production operation and management
* Experience in change and project management
* Ability to move between research and commercialization phase
* Good networking abilities
* Great influencing and coaching ability.
* Confidence in presenting technical recommendations to senior leadership
* The ability to describe sensory characteristics of beverages
* Application of innovative scientific or technical knowledge
* Understanding customer and business needs
* Cultural awareness, ability to flex communication style and excellent interpersonal skills
Excellence in Supply Chain Source:
* Is experienced of working within the Performance Management structure of KPI's and Tier Review Meeting Structure
* Has a proven track record in adherence to Core Process and Standards
* Demonstrates role model behaviour and coaches others in team, across Categories, and in Markets to follow a consistent approach and go beyond mandatory minimum requirements
* Proactively leverages the learning curriculums and materials on Diageo Academy and other sources to continuously grow and develop in role.
We welcome a conversation about flexible working