Ensures excellence in the planning and execution of Market growth and profit in alignment with company business performance objectives for the Diageo Beer Company. This is primarily achieved through effectively leading, planning, directing, motivating, training and measuring the Distributor's direct organizations. Owns the management of the trade marketing agenda to supplement the sales initiatives.
- Reports to the New England Sales Director.
- This is a field based role and works from home office based in MA
Complexity of Role:
Role oversees a team of 2 DBC specialist and 2 SEALS that cover both the On & Off Premise while also responsible for managing 6 MA distributors:
- Lead the planning of the Diageo National Execution Plan (NEP) via wholesaler execution against Quarterly & Monthly business Targets
- Ensure all tools are in place to support attainment of goals.
- Clearly communicates goals, and then allow distributor/broker to achieve and be responsible for end results.
- Has constructive conversations with distributor when performance is off track to ensure that we are building long term capabilities at the distributor
- Delivering FY19 AOP
- Reporting/management against KPI's
- Drive EDGE in the On & Off Premise Trade
- Communicate monthly program calendar to distributor sales force.
- AOP involvement - provide information on local market volume goals, pricing development, tactical marketing budget development. Risk Management. Adjust based on year end results.
- Participate in the creation of market competitive assessments with the sales teams to identify potential risks or opportunities.
- Participate in the creation of requests for materials/support/funding with the distributor/broker needed to deliver plans.
- Provide significant input into the finance responsibilities such as price structures, margin negotiations/ A&P, OH reporting etc.
- Review sales and marketplace assessments and ensure on track for performance.
- Pull together all national selling material/tools/resources for distributor sales meetings and programming.
- Participate in creation of all marketing plan development/execution metrics for marketing activities with the teams.
- Execute Monthly distributor review Meetings to ensure alignment on all programs & goals
- Build sales competencies.
Provides information into the following:
- Performance goals / phasing - depletions, NSV, distribution, visibility, innovation
- Monthly performance / gap management
- Shipments, NSV, GP
- Identify al Pricing Opportunities
- 100% ownership of the States Pricing strategy and communication
- Budget mgmt. - FOB, trade spend, tactical, T&E, invoice mgmt.
- Monthly BPM's
- Extensive Commercial experience in Alcohol Industry
- Well-developed financial acumen, with previous ownership of pricing and budgets.
- Sales Management Experience including exposure to line and national/key accounts roles.
- Strong knowledge of Distributor Operations.
- Insight and understanding with both On and Off Trade.
- Experience managing across multiple functions.
- Engage, influence, and coordinate stakeholders who have different strategic initiatives.
- Strong influencing, negotiation skills. Proven track record for collaborating and holding other departments accountable for performance.
TO ALL RECRUITMENT AGENCIES: Diageo does not accept unsolicited agency resumes.
Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Diageo employees or any other company location. Diageo is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.