Responsible for New England Region regional On & Off Premise key accounts. The Sales Manager will be responsible for the execution of annual account plans by On & , however, customer to reflect brand and customer strategies and support the delivery of business goals. A large portion of these Buying Groups will be located in MA however this role would also be responsible for key Buying groups that cross over various New England States.
- Reports to the New England Region Sales Director
- Has high level of authority/opportunity to set and negotiate product/service terms.
Plans own territory or account approach and manages own resources within Diageo standards. Works with Distributor Key Account Teams who are key interface with the Buying Groups
Complexity of Role:
Have a solid understanding of business, Account calls, brands, the market environment(s), and the needs of assigned accounts; may help develop programs w/ accounts to help drive ROS; Must also be able to successfully work w/ Key Distributor personnel to achieve agreed upon goals to drive executional excellence.
- Achieve annual performance objectives
- Manage execution of annual account plan
- Execute annual account plans by off & On premise retail account customer to reflect brand and customer strategies and support the delivery of business goals
- Coordinate all account specific activities across the markets and distributors
- Provide input to all account specific programs and opportunities
- Lead the communication process across divisions of regional retail account
- Consistently work with distributors and attend QBR's and ABP's. Must be strategic and forward thinking.
- ust always be looking for opportunities to drive the business forward
- Must be able to develop strong business relationships both internally and externally.
Provides information into the following:
- Will have A&P Budget to help drive distribution and programming in Key Accounts
- Will need to have a great understanding of Brand Pricing across markets and distributors
- Manage trade A&P and trade price budgets for the defined area based on agreed-upon rate per cs
- Develop and identify sales forecasts and budgets using historical data, trends and investments levels at account level
- College degree or equivalent work experience required
- Minimum 3 to 5 years relevant experience required, preferably in Consumer Packaged Goods or Beverage Category
- TBA or CPG account management experience including customer planning. Current or recent relationship with New England distributors is a plus.
- Deep understanding of distributor operations including pricing and programming. Proven success influencing and negotiating customer strategy and execution.
- Good written & verbal communication skills
- Familiarity with IRI/Scan Data
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel & PowerPoint)
TO ALL RECRUITMENT AGENCIES: Diageo does not accept unsolicited agency resumes.
Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Diageo employees or any other company location. Diageo is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.