About the role
In this role you will be accountable for creating value through driving revenue and developing strategic relationships with key customers in Belgium. You will create the legacy of Bacardi and drive key decisions that will significantly affect Bacardi's presence in Belgium.
- You will be responsible to deliver key revenue, market share and pricing targets as determined by the Country financial plan.
- You will develop, and maintain, effective and strategic relationships with Key Customers and influence the positioning of Bacardi brands in the Country.
- You will be accountable for the implementation of Commercial plan that delivers against customer and purchaser programs agreed in the Country Integrated Activity Plan (IAP) specific to Key Customers.
- You will identify opportunities and guide the development and execution of strategies to maximize Bacardi's performance in Key Customers in the Country, achieving value creation and capturing price
- You will demonstrate the entrepreneurship needed to respond effectively to changes in market conditions and customer circumstances
This role is varied and while based in the Belgian office, a large percentage of your time will be interacting with the key Customers.
Key accountabilities and responsibilities
Deliver on key revenue targets (NSV, Gross Margin, ROI, Value Share)
- Deliver impact from channel and shopper marketing programs agreed in the Country IAP
- Understand customer strategy and how to leverage the Bacardi value proposition to grow mutual business
- Drive, agree, and execute customer Joint Business Plans that deliver "win-win" value to Bacardi and customers
- You will be accountable for the effective implementation of our annual price increases
- Optimize promotional plans through the year through implementation of the ROI strategy and goals
- Input into the country IAP process to ensure local channel and customer needs are captured
- Build effective long-term relationships with Key Customers
- Provide accurate demand forecasting to Supply Chain teams
- Relentlessly drive a pay for performance based approach with Customers
- Monitor competition and develop winning propositions with key customers
Develop talent and capability
- Drive change, efficiency and effectiveness through Anaplan enabled communication with other departments
- Demonstrate expertise in category and shopper insights; serve as an adviser to Customers to drive mutual growth
- Drive external focus within the cross-functional team
Measures of success
- Performance: Achieve financial targets (revenue, profitability) vs. budget for Key Customers in the country; Achieve Pictures of Success targets for Key Customers in the Country
- Value share: Drive Value share growth of key Bacardi brands in Key Accounts
- Commercial scorecard: Achieve goals defined in Commercial Scorecard and Country Capability Action Plan
- Strategy: Participate fully in the development, delivery, and ownership of the Country Commercial Strategy; Develop Strategic Account Plan for all Customers to drive external focus
- Employee engagement: Drive sustained improvement in engagement and enablement
- Talent: Deliver against talent management objectives
Critical experiences for success
To be successful in this role you will have/be:
- Experience managing Key Accounts / Customers in a leading FMCG company at national level
- Strong track record of delivery with Customers in a commercial role
- Demonstrated strong negotiation skills
- First hand field sales experience
- Working knowledge of category management
- Fluency in Country's most spoken languages (NL, FR) and English
- Hands-on and pragmatic attitude
- Basic financial acumen
- Understanding of both off-trade & on-trade
The following experiences are preferred:
- Experience in the Spirits Industry and/or Beverages is a distinct advantage
- Experience in additional functions beyond the ones listed above
- Living our Values and demonstrating high Learning Agility will be fundamental not only for success in this role, but also for potential growth to other roles across Bacardi in the future.
Our ways of working
Our family legacy has positively influenced our ways of working and has shaped the values to which our employees aspire. We're caring, like a family, and not only internally, but also in the wider communities in which we operate. This is demonstrated by our commitment to both act responsibly and promote the choice to drink responsibly. We trust one another, and through that trust are able to forge strong teams and networks that empower our matrix organization structure. We're passionate, reflecting our Latin heritage, and this means that we commit more than just time to our work: we commit energy, heart and soul. We are dedicated to being a role model in our industry, and we approach everything we do with Integrity First. Together, our values help us create what we're most proud of: our True Heart and Winning Spirit - both in our home markets and across the world.