Location – Walton-On-Thames (moving to Kingston within c. 4 months)
Reports to – Marketing Manager
Hi-Spirits is one of the UK’s leading spirit distributors and is seeking a new Marketing Assistant based in our offices in Surrey. The Marketing Assistant is fundamental to the Marketing Department taking a lead role across number of important cross-portfolio projects and processes including Design Workflow, Event Support, Market Data Analysis and Competitive Intelligence. The Marketing Assistant is also responsible for supporting the Marketing team with delivering brand strategy and keeping to brand guidelines across all brands including Southern Comfort, Fireball and Buffalo Trace.
• Lead day-to-day workflow management of the design studio using Monday web-based software – ensure briefs are inputted in a timely manner and enable effective and efficient communication between brand, sales and design team.
• Manage the organisation, tracking and reporting of all marketing led events with a focus on logistics and result tracking. Work closely with operations, logistics, sales, finance and marketing teams to ensure clear communication between departments.
• Manage, evaluate and report on quarterly and annual market data and competitive intelligence including Nielsen, CGA and Kantar. Turn data into actionable insights and share these insights with brand and sales teams on a quarterly basis.
• Support efforts to grow total Hi-Spirits portfolio. Assist Marketing Manager with development of UK specific brand plans - direct and manage the implementation of elements of these brand plans and review effect on the business.
• Prioritise time & resources against projects most critical to achieving current and long term brand contribution objectives. Work closely with Sales team to that portfolio priorities are aligned and that key brands are performing on profit, volume and KPI metrics.
• Help with the evaluation, selection and management of advertising, promotion and design agencies where relevant and ensure quality output is delivered on time and on budget. Work as appropriate with PR Agency to develop periodic press releases for cross-portfolio projects.
• You will be required to create, edit and amend copy for various marketing literature including adverts, presentations, websites, blogs, social media pages and portfolios. Your ability to proofread is essential.
• Marketing experience and/or related experience in an FMCG environment
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills with experience of copywriting and proof reading
• Project management skills with the ability to successfully plan, manage and prioritise tasks across multiple projects
• Ability to show creative thinking and high-standard of executional delivery
• Experience in building collaborative relationships with agency partners and sales teams
• Must demonstrate commercial acumen with a strong ability to analyse and draw insights from data
• Passion for spirits and alcohol with some knowledge of the UK On and Off-Trade landscape
• Willing to learn with a positive, can do attitude