About the role
In this role, the candidate will combine the responsible for the project management of the different WEUR RTD projects as well as the pack development for the RTD category leveraging the different co-packer capabilities.
He/she will be located in the Martini OC in Pessione reporting to the OC Project Manager located in the Martini OC.
WE RTD has regained a lot of traction from the markets. The markets in which Bacardi is distributing, are very competitive. Product & pack innovation are essential to win. Innovation is therefore key to differentiate our products.
He/she will need to know how to operate in an agile and changing environment, collaborating very closely with his/her partners (internal & external) whilst maintaining operational/process & technical discipline to assure innovation, value/quality to the company.
He/she will need to build very strong relationship with the different co-packers that would produce the RTD.
He/She will have to be a role model of the Bacardi culture (Founders' mentality, Family & Heritage and Fearless)
Key accountabilities and responsibilities
WE RTD Project management & Pack development
- With the help of the Martini OC project manager, establish & align with the WE RTD Market teams the WE RTD masterplan
- Review monthly the masterplan progress & escalate any roadblock or change of priority.
- Effectively manage the initiatives with the multifunctional team.
- Work with the different teams to deliver clarify priorities and resources needs. Escalate any roadblock or resource gaps
- Ensure compliance to the Bacardi process to deliver with excellence the broad project portfolio
- Have a good awareness of the consumer & customers' needs
- Work closely, for packaging development, with suppliers & co packers to establish new technology ideas on which new iniatives can be developed.
- To be a strong technical partner to Procurement and QA to jointly select suppliers.
- To engage suppliers to enable flawless technical development and execution with excellence.
- To be a champion of supplier integration and overall value creation.
- To work closely with co packers to have robust qualification plan to deliver fit for purpose packaging specifications and develop all components in compliance
- Adhere to project risk assessment process for initiatives and drive best business decisions.
- Drive continuous improvement with Co packers
Measures of success
- Projects delivered OTIF and with Excellence.
- 100% compliance to process & Design for Excellence
- Project decisions are taken on the basis of objective data and implemented.
- Project budget are kept in control after contract gate. Deviations are timely escalated.
- Demonstrated strong collaboration with key stakeholders.
Critical experiences for success
Bachelor's or Master Degree in Engineering, manufacturing or any related technical fields.
- Min 10 years experience in packaging development, R&D, project management or operations.
- Demonstrated capability in working within different businesses and divers cultures.
- Experience in working with external manufacturers
- A knowledge in RTD pack technology is a plus
- Mobility - willing to travel 25%-35% of time.
- Leadership and capability to manage a portfolio of projects.
- Proven experience in Packaging technology area or related fields would be a plus
- Track record in developing projects with co packers
- Very good written and oral communication skills in English.
- Capability to work and influence in a highly changing environment.
- Solid understanding of what the RTD brands stand for and how Bacardi is organized.
- Good understanding and knowledge of COGs structures and P&L's of finished products.
- Very good knowledge of processes within operations (finance, manufacturing, packaging, supply chain and procurement), markets and central marketing.
- · English business proficient.
- Other languages such as Italian would be a plus.
Our ways of working
Our family legacy has positively influenced our ways of working and has shaped the values to which our employees aspire. We're caring, like a family, and not only internally, but also in the wider communities in which we operate. This is demonstrated by our commitment to both act responsibly and promote the choice to drink responsibly. We trust one another, and through that trust are able to forge strong teams and networks that empower our matrix organization structure. We're passionate, reflecting our Latin heritage, and this means that we commit more than just time to our work: we commit energy, heart and soul. We are dedicated to being a role model in our industry, and we approach everything we do with Integrity First. Together, our values help us create what we're most proud of: our True Heart and Winning Spirit - both in our home markets and across the world.