About the role
Purpose of Position
- To receive, reduce, colour and chill filter spirit in accordance with Bacardi Quality specifications, and in accordance with appropriate HMRC regulations.
- To ensure efficient supply of spirit to the production lines.
Key accountabilities and responsibilities
- Understand personal and team responsibility under Health and Safety legislation and promote safe working practices within the team.
- Prepare spirit in accordance with company procedures and good practice requirements.
- Liaise with the laboratory to ensure spirit quality.
- Complete spirit testing as required.
- Communicate with Bulk Planning Department regarding plans for vat allocation and filter changeovers.
- Supply the correct spirit to the correct production line in accordance with the production plan.
- Spirit supply system -
- Ensure all data is recorded into SAP, Drams & EMCS accurately for tanker unloading, spirit reduction, filtration and VAT transfers.
- Monitor vat levels and production output to ensure a continuous supply.
- Carry out spirit changeovers quickly and efficiently, as required by the production plan.
- Inform Team Leader and carry out relevant actions to any incident report raised.
- Ensure that there is a sufficient stock of demineralised water, and to report any problems with the plant to the Manufacturing Team Leader/Cell Leaders.
- Prepare spirit caramel for colouring.
- Ensure there are sufficient supplies of consumables e.g. Filters (Sheets & Cartridges)
- Colour (Caramel IBC's) + Chemicals (Acid & Caustic).
- To receipt and offload tankers and complete all HMRC paperwork and receipts.
- Comply with HMRC requirements and legislation and ensure that any discrepancies are monitored and reported immediately.
- To support the business through working a shift rotation including earlies, backs and nightshift.
- To support other areas and sites when business dictates (Driving License essential)
- FLT license desirable
- Ensure that all working environments associated with the Spirit preparation area are kept clean and tidy.
- Ensure all associated plant equipment is functioning as required and report any malfunctions.
- Assist in the ongoing training and development of all team members and carry out any reasonable request that will further improve the performance of the team.
- Processing and supplying spirit to production lines in accordance with quality specifications and production plan
- Correctly account for all spirit stocks
- Excellent numeric & literacy skills
- Effective communication skills
- Be honest, reliable and trustworthy
- Maintain responsibility and accountability through personal commitment and behaviour
- Maintain behaviour in compliance with HSE requirements
- Report any unsafe or environmentally unsound acts and conditions to their immediate Supervisor such that remedial action can be taken to manage the risk
- Standard grade or equivalent in English and Arithmetic
Language Skills ( Level of proficiency: (M = mother tongue; F = fluent; I = intermediate; B = basic)
- Language: English - F
Measures of success
Employee Engagement: Drive sustained improvement in engagement and enablement, as measured through the Employee Engagement Survey (EES)
Talent: Deliver against talent management activities as measured via the Talent Scorecard (or other vehicle if not captured at this level).
Critical experiences for success
- Experience of Bottling /Spirit Prep Area
- The ability to communicate at all levels
- ERP systems knowledge, preferably SAP
- Process Improvement focused
Our ways of working
Our family legacy has positively influenced our ways of working and has shaped the values to which our employees aspire. We're caring, like a family, and not only internally, but also in the wider communities in which we operate. This is demonstrated by our commitment to both act responsibly and promote the choice to drink responsibly. We trust one another, and through that trust are able to forge strong teams and networks that empower our matrix organization structure. We're passionate, reflecting our Latin heritage, and this means that we commit more than just time to our work: we commit energy, heart and soul. We are dedicated to being a role model in our industry, and we approach everything we do with Integrity First. Together, our values help us create what we're most proud of: our True Heart and Winning Spirit - both in our home markets and across the world.