Diageo Business Services (DBS), a multi-functional global shared services function established to liberate and equip markets to deliver the Diageo Performance Ambition. This is achieved through:
1. The delivery of world class end to end process execution;
2. Generating performance enhancing insights from data;
3. Providing CPG leading digital capabilities and solutions;
and underpinned by secure and stable operations and putting customers and consumers at the heart of everything we do.
The Project & Transition Delivery Centre will play a key role to ensure successful delivery of the agenda. The scale and scope of our delivery agenda requires a holistic programme and integrated delivery approach. This will include:
- Supporting our planning cycles and 18 mth rolling forecast across all markets and functions across Diageo
- Right level of governance oversight, providing risk management and mitigation, whilst maintaining our control environment
- Portfolio Management & Delivery : Day to day management and delivery of portfolio activities / financials
Dimensions of the role
a) Market Complexity
DBS delivers services to all Diageo markets and across all functions and this role will ensure delivery of priority/high value transition and technology projects, in line with PACE methodology and iterative, value-based delivery - ensuring PACE methodology is implemented and embedded for fastest and maximum business benefit delivery.
cb Leadership Responsibilities & capabilities
The role plays a critical role in driving change across the organisation, implementing and embedding new delivery methods for transition and technology projects, ensuring successful delivery of the IS portfolio and transition agenda.
Purpose of Role
The main purpose of this role is to upweight and embed the process, standards, tools and capabilities by which DBS projects and transitions will be managed, resourced with appropriate capabilities and iterative delivery plans to ensure fastest and maximum business value delivery, and evaluated in a consistent and robust fashion.
1. Lead teams to implement and embed PACE methodology in all projects in the portfolio and transition plan, focusing on highest priority and impact first focusing on faster and iterative delivery of simpler, more user-focused solutions through new PACE methodology
2. Work with business partner and project leads to ensure projects are set up with the right project roles/assignments/capabilities to deliver in line Pace / agile approach
3. Leveraging methodologies and capabilities assessments from Process & Methods lead, create buy and build talent strategy for building organisational capability in project and transition management delivery, specifically acquiring expertise in Agile project delivery
4. Recruit, induct, coach Agile analyst and Scrum masters into Diageo as a key role and change agents within our PACE agenda, serving to uplift organisational capability
Qualifications and experience required
This is a senior role that interfaces with senior stakeholders across DBS. An ability to partner and influence at that level is key to success.
Other requirements in qualification and experience:
- Excellent organisational leadership capability
- Able to coach peers to deliver greater performance outcomes
- Ideally experience of delivering Shared Services transitions
- Demonstrated project management and methodology experience
- Demonstrated capability to build and maintain good business relationships
- Excellent program Governance skills,
- Excellent pan cultural impact and influencing skills
- Ability to motivate and inspire others
- Has an understand of functional and Technical skills required by team