Purpose of Role
The main purpose of this role is to build and lead a team of high performing project managers to deliver 10-30 Projects each year with the appropriate governance, risk management and financial oversight.
The annual Global GDBS portfolio can flex from £60-80m+ GBP in any one fiscal with similar levels through F18 and F19. The Portfolio Delivery Managers will oversee a portfolio of projects of approx. 10 - 30 projects per year.
The Portfolio Delivery Manager will approve all POs and spend for projects within their remit to in accordance to the SoA
- Market Complexity
DBS delivers services to all Diageo markets and across all functions. The Portfolio Delivery Managers will lead a portfolio that covers a range of markets.
The Portfolio Delivery Manager will have x-y different projects within their Portfolio each year.
- Leadership Responsibilities & capabilities
This role is accountable for leading a team of Diageo Project Managers and Contractors to ensure the delivery of all projects within their Portfolio, across a number of markets. This includes approving projects have met the necessary criteria to commence, ensuring the appropriate governance and oversight to mitigate risks and deliver the Portfolio.
A critical leadership responsibility is building a high performing team of 6-10 Project Managers, coaching them and developing their capabilities.
There is a high degree senior business stakeholder management required to ensure the delivery of the programmes and achievement of business benefits.
- Leads a high performing team of Project Managers to deliver a portfolio of projects. Builds the capability of the team and manages performance to ensure the full portfolio is delivered on time, on budget and to the quality metrics.
- Owns the delivery of all projects coming into their Portfolio and supports the BRM in ensuring the project meets the Entry Criteria to move from Pipeline into Project Delivery. This includes contributing to the development of the business case and as part of entry criteria, approving that scope, costs, timeframes, resource requirements and governance are suitable for the delivery of the project as part of the Entry Criteria.
- Ensures the health of their Project Portfolio across all Projects including delivery status, risk mitigation, issue resolution, CARM compliance and project delivery structure. Approves Governance and Risk Management Approaches for each project. Intervenes in projects to evaluate risks and issues and create an action plan to get back on track.
- Approves project expenditure and change requests as per the SoA.
- Looks at the projects within their Portfolio to identify resource synergies, project approaches and opportunities for more effective delivery. Identifies opportunities within the delivery of Projects to implements Continuous Improvement initiatives within their Portfolio. Makes recommendations to CI.
- Develops strong relationships with senior business stakeholders to influence the delivery of transformation outcomes and achievement of business benefits.
Qualifications and Experience Required
This is a senior role that interfaces with senior stakeholders across GDBS and requires significant people management experience to coach and drive performance breakthrough.
Credibility with external parties is also essential.
TO ALL RECRUITMENT AGENCIES: Diageo does not accept unsolicited agency resumes.
Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Diageo employees or any other company location. Diageo is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.