Salcombe Gin are seeking a passionate and experienced Brand Ambassador & Sales Manager for Southern England & the South Coast.
Role: Brand Ambassador & Sales Manager for Southern England & the South Coast
Location: Flexible Southern England & the South Coast location, home office with extensive travel
Position: Permanent, full-time
We are seeking a passionate and experienced Brand Ambassador & Sales Manager to join our amazing team at Salcombe Distilling Company, to grow and support sales in Southern England & the South Coast.
This is not a position for the faint hearted or shrinking violet, this role requires someone who is the embodiment of fun, flair, fortitude, a real people person who shares the same relentless drive, integrity and uncompromising approach that embodies everything we do.
Bridging the gap between Brand Ambassador and Sales Manager you will be the type of person that grabs people’s attention but does not seek it. Your role will be to educate people about what makes Salcombe Gin exceptional.
You will be both a sales person and an educator, personifying the brand and bringing it to life. You should be able to influence the influencers as you are both the medium and the message.
Who are we?
Salcombe Distilling Co. was formed in 2014 by our founders, Angus & Howard, with the sole purpose of creating one of the world’s finest gins in the stunning and iconic coastal town of Salcombe, Devon. Having built a purpose-built distillery on the water in Salcombe, which opened to the public in November 2016 and launched Salcombe Gin to critical acclaim in summer 2016, Salcombe Gin has gained an enviable reputation amongst gin connoisseurs worldwide.
With listings in some of the finest restaurants and bars in the UK, together with a plethora of awards for our gin including; a Double Gold Medal at the San Francisco World Spirits Competition, Three Stars at the Great Taste Awards, 2017, together with business awards including Devon Chamber of Commerce Best Small Business and Herald Express Best Start Up Business. 2018 is set to be an exciting year that you too can be part of.
To get a good idea of what we’re all about, have a look at our website and of course try a Salcombe & Tonic.
Your role will be to grow sales and build brand presence whilst supporting and nurturing relationships with on and off trade customers across Southern England & the South Coast. This will involve working with our existing trade and wholesale accounts and building on these relationships, together with finding new sales accounts in the region as well as supporting our national sales plan. This is a fantastic role for an exceptional candidate with a great opportunity for someone who is ambitious, has an entrepreneurial attitude and wants to be a key part of our fast-growing luxury brand.
Desired skills & experience
• You will ideally have a minimum of 2 years’ experience in on or off trade sales within the drinks sector
• You will ideally have some bar experience and know how to craft fantastic gin cocktails
• You will have a good relationship base with existing on and off trade accounts
• You will be confident in developing and executing a sales and marketing plan, working closely with the company’s founders
• You will be a natural educator and confident speaking in front of groups of on and off trade customers and consumers, providing tutored tastings
• You will have a strong knowledge base about gin and the craft spirits sector
• You will have an interest in gastronomy and experiencing the finer things in life
• You should have a natural ability to sell in a consultative manner
• You should be commercially aware and results driven
• You should be organised with an ability to work unsupervised
• You should be proficient in the use of social media
• You should have a full and clean UK driving license
• You will be comfortable working with a CRM system
• To generate new business in the on and off trade sector within Southern England & the South Coast, regularly following up on sales leads
• To manage relationships with existing trade and wholesale accounts
• To execute a field sales and marketing plan
• To identify, develop and support key accounts through creative sales initiatives and incentives
• To keep all accounts up to date on the latest developments with Salcombe Gin through regular customer visits and phone calls
• To talk knowledgably and confidently about Salcombe Gin and the wider gin category in front of large groups of current and prospective Salcombe Gin customers and their teams, both at our distillery in Salcombe and at their respective venues
• To host training and tasting events for trade and consumers across the region
• To provide sampling at off trade retailers and events
• To work diligently and passionately towards hitting our ambitious sales targets