Are you a confident team player who would love the opportunity to step up into management?
Do you have experience working in hospitality or retail and are passionate about customer service?
Are you an ambitious individual who is committed to developing their career?
If you answered yes to these questions, Majestic Wine would love to hear from you!
Majestic Wine are seeking to recruit dynamic Retail Trainee Managers for our successful stores in the Kent and Sussex area. We are looking for real people people who are excited about developing a career in retail. Gone are the days where retail has to be boring and buying wine is a stuffy industry just for the rich and famous!
Majestic Wine is all about customer experience and what better way to engage with customers than opening a bottle at our tasting counter? We need someone who is full of energy, good at building relationships and can provide our customers with a super service.
Who are Majestic ?
Majestic Wine are the largest wine specialist in the UK with over 200 stores, as well as a very significant online presence and megastores in Calais, France. Following the merger between Naked Wines and Majestic, CEO Rowan Gormley has set the wheels in motion to transform the business into a new kind of retailer - a retailer that is loved by customers, loved by suppliers and loved by shareholders.
What are we looking for in a Retail Trainee Manager?
Our people come from all walks of life. You could be a fresh graduate, a seasoned retail/hospitality professional or someone looking for a total career change, however, we do require you to:
- Have a passion for engaging with customers and delivering a 5* customer experience
- Have a positive can-do attitude and are willing to muck in and be a real team player
- Have a desire to learn more about wine and get our customers excited by our brilliant products
- Be over 20 years old and hold a valid driving license for at least 12 months
- Be excited about being able to develop their career in retail
Why work for Majestic?
We pride ourselves on facilitating a work environment where you enjoy what you do but also importantly, being able to develop and grow your career.
- Free WSET Qualifications - All our staff receive free product training. So you don't have to have product knowledge, but definitely a hunger to learn all about wine!
- First Rate Training / Development - "Wine Lover to Business Partner" gives you an opportunity to receive training which will take you from a trainee manager to a business partner - where you get to run a store as if it's your own business
- A Dynamic Culture - You'll have the chance to work in an exciting, busy environment with a culture that genuinely rewards hard work
- Corking Colleagues - Work within a team who are passionate about wine, providing excellent customer service and most importantly fun to be around!
The nice added extras...
- A 20% staff discount on everything in store, which you can share with two of your family or friends.
- Store bonus schemes, so you can earn more on top of your salary
- The potential to become a Majestic Business Partner, earning a salary of up to £50,000 OTE.
- WSET Training qualification
- Fantastic incentives that take you around the world to explore our different vineyards
- Free shares, so you can share in the success of the business.
- A contributory company Pension Plan
- Life Assurance (Worth 3 times your annual salary).
- 29 days holiday, including public and bank holidays.
- PLUS invites to wine tasting events
- PLUS free lunch Fridays (if you hit your weekly targets!)
Key Responsibilities of a Retail Trainee Manager:
- Delivering exceptional service to every customer, in-store and out on deliveries in our vans, so they keep coming back.
- Using your growing wine wizardry to help us dispel the belief that wine is a pompous product, bring wine to life and help our customers find and buy wines they love.
- Helping to run a smooth operation, ensuring your store is spick and span, fully stocked and a great place to shop.
- Being a team player and contributing to your store success and sales targets.
If you are passionate about growing and developing as a Retail Trainee Manager in a successful business who genuinely care about their people... please do apply today!
* Majestic Wine reserves the right to shortlist and appoint suitable candidates before the advert deadline date *