Closing Date: 21st October
A bit about us;
Diageo is the world's leading premium drinks company, a business built on the principles and foundations laid by the giants of our industry.
We are a young company born of an incredible entrepreneurial legacy. The success of Guinness®, Smirnoff®, Johnnie Walker®, Tanqueray® and many more brands led to the formation of our company in 1997. And we only thrive today because of the talent of our people to grow our brands, old and new, and keep them strong.
Our purpose, celebrating life, every day, everywhere means that our brands are part of celebrations big and small. We believe that living our purpose in full is to make the most of life - to be the best you can be at work, at home, with friends, in the community, and for the community.
Context of this role
Leven Global Supply is one of Diageo's largest production sites where we bottle over 35 million cases of Brown or white spirits per annum which are then exported to over 240 international markets. Our site consists of four bottling halls and operates 24 hours per day, 7 days per week.
Because of changes, we're looking for Operators to work across our site- covering several shift rotations.
Role Purpose and responsibilities
We're looking to find talented individuals for a variety of shifts, these opportunities will be predominately on our core shift pattern. They will be focused in meeting performance targets in relation to safety, quality, service, cost and asset care while consistently remaining 100% compliant. You're duties and responsibilities will also include (but are not limited to):
- Operating packaging machine processes following defined standard operating procedures for machine operation and set up time reduction
- Preparing the line for shift handover
- Having an awareness of loss and wastage in the site and proactively offering solutions
- Being responsible for quality control at line
- Completing short interval control documentation on activities.
To be considered for this role, you will be/have;
- A real people-person who works well with colleagues
- IT literacy and quick to learn
- Ideally, experience of working with a production environment, preferably from the FMCG sector
- Some knowledge of packaging processes would be advantageous
- Numerical and verbal reasoning skills
- Keen to learn new skills
A diverse workforce is essential to our success as a multi-national, multi-cultural business. Our aim is to foster a culture that provides opportunities for all, through the variety of different personalities, experiences and perspectives, creating a stimulating and rewarding working environment.