Closing Date: 23rd October 2018
Diageo is the world's leading premium drinks company, a business built on the principles and foundations laid by the giants of our industry.
Our purpose, celebrating life, every day, everywhere means that our brands are part of celebrations big and small. We believe that living our purpose in full is to make the most of life - to be the best you can be at work, at home, with friends, in the community, and for the community.
- Diageo's Procurement structure is a mixture of global resources focused on developing world class category strategies and in-market Procurement resources focused on excellence in execution of category strategies and supplier performance management. This role is part of the Global Procurement team
- The purpose of this role is primarily to take responsibility for the Cans category, contribute to the development and delivery of sourcing strategies and driving outcomes that optimise value delivery to Diageo under guidance and direction from the Global Category Manager.
- The scope of the role covers the Cans area of spend for all markets globally, which is across 7 of Diageo's markets
- The role requires the need to be able to influence a diverse set of key stakeholder relationships across multiple geographies, both internal to Diageo (Global & Market Procurement, Technical, Finance, Marketing, etc.) and with external suppliers.
- The candidate must have strong analytics, sound organisational skills for managing projects and complex data, have a procurement background and preferably some knowledge about cultural and business contexts across geographies
- The candidate will need to be pro-active and comfortable assessing and identifying information, gathering and analysing a wide range of market and input cost data to drive out value generating hypothesis and opportunities (e.g. financial analysis, input costs, currency movements, macroeconomic measures, tariffs, import duties, cost modelling etc.)
- The role will apply the core methodology of category management to ensure delivery of the business needs
Purpose of the Role
- The role will support the Category Manager and Cans category in helping deliver Diageo's procurement imperatives via strategies and sourcing solutions that:
- Optimise value for Diageo
- Meet the business needs of each individual market and deliver the required levels of performance on Quality and Service
- Minimise supply risk
- Access appropriate capability on Innovation and Technology
- Deliver the relevant portion of the 2020 Sustainability goals
Qualifications and Experience Required
- University Degree in Business, Supply Chain, Finance, or equivalent
- Purchasing and/or Business qualification desirable (CIPS/MBA)
- Strong commercial acumen
- Some procurement experience within a forward thinking, fast paced and value-adding environment
- Analytical, numerate, enthusiastic, tenacious and a team player. Strong experience in Excel and systems preferred.
- Experience in working with cross functional stakeholders, e.g. Technical, Logistics, Brand Change
- Confidence and some experience in communicating with senior stakeholders
OPEN TO A CONVERSATION ON FLEXIBLE WORKING
LOCATION IS FLEXIBLE ACROSS LONDON, GLASGOW OR EDINBURGH