This is an entry level customer/trade marketing position in support of the National Accounts (NA), Regional Accounts & Military Commercial team. Position is designed to play a strong support role - to drive the development and implementation of the annual US customer planning process and support marketing activation plans in support of the overall National Accounts team mission & business agenda. This role also assists the NA SVP & NA Director of Strategy & Planning by analyzing sales and customer research data, developing channel insights and turning them into customer business building opportunities. This individual will assist the NA Leadership team in driving business building tactics with the Customer Marketing team - tactics that include coupons, FSIs, digital marketing, resource management, innovation launches and communication across the full NA team & the local commercial teams.
- Reporting: reports to NA Director of Strategy & Operations. There are no direct reports to this role.
- PO processing and CPS management to ensure efficient and effective resource allocation to NA Leadership team in accordance with CARM and Coupa guidelines.
- Support NA Director of Strategy & Operations with the management of overall National Accounts budget - US A&P and Trade Spend approx. $18M.
- Ensure spend is consistent with the achievement of brand objectives, channel objectives, customer objectives, are compliant and directly support the achievement of the NA business agenda.
- Planning Process: assist NA Leadership Team and NA Director of Strategy & Operations to complete NA requirements for annual planning.
- Work closely with NA Director of Strategy & Operations and NA Leadership team to facilitate/support a high quality annual planning process for high value on and off premise customers.
- Assist NA Leadership team - in packaging up and communicating national programs that best meet the needs of primary on and off premise NA customers.
- Support NA Director of Strategy & Operations in coordination of customer/shopper/digital marketing programming to be aligned with brand strategies and are compliant with the Diageo Marketing Code.
- Collaborate cross functionally to support M&E on all the primary NA customer initiatives & programs.
This position is responsible for assisting the NA Leadership team with input to the financial systems regarding marketing funds (A&P and Trade Spend) of approx. $18M. Likewise he/she will be responsible for assisting in planning of the same budget. This position will be responsible for adherence to all marketing budgets and participate in monthly reviews of budgets actuals against plan, interfacing with the NA Leadership Team and the Central Finance through CPS and PO management and monitoring.
Prior experience in consumer packaged goods or beverage alcohol. Understanding of the Bev. Alc 3 tier system is key.
- Preference for MBA, minimum requirement is a bachelor's degree with a business major.
- Track record of success in:
- Financial Acumen
- Planning skills
- Organizational and communication skills
- Excel, SAP and PowerPoint proficiency
- Digital Marketing
- Documentable track record of generating excellent results
- Commercial understanding of the on and off premise channels
- Strong collaboration & communication skills, ability to work across functional and reporting lines
- Task management across matrix organization
- A growth mindset, openness to coaching and gaining cross functional experiences
TO ALL RECRUITMENT AGENCIES: Diageo does not accept unsolicited agency resumes.
Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Diageo employees or any other company location. Diageo is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.