Diageo is committed to unleashing its brands in key population centres across the US. We will show up at and actively participate in many more events that allow us to engage even greater numbers of consumers - giving them the opportunity to experience our brands in culture and, where legal, sample our great serves and understand more about our liquids and what we stand for.
Purpose of Role
- The Manger of Selling Strategy is responsible for developing industry leading selling support materials and tool in order to enable Every Day Great Execution across brand, channel and category.
- You will work cross functionally with many internal and external partners in order to deliver best in class insight driven quality sales support.
- Management of Selling Strategy selling tools budget & project lead budgets
- Analytical: Ability to gather and translate data, synthesize, analyze, and present data from multiple systems/sources (examples: Nielsen, DunHumby, Spectra, Account Sold, Shipment, Depletion, etc.) to build a selling story that is grounded in insights and resonate with sales reps and retiler in order to support and drive EDGE.
- Commercial: Understanding of both retailer and distributor/wholesaler needs. In addition, broad understanding of marketplace dynamics, including chain, independent and Control. Keen awareness of competitive set and competitive innovation activity.
- Working knowledge of market research techniques and approaches. Needs to be able to determine when and what research/data is required to support selling tools
Leadership Responsibilities and Decision-Making Rights
- Accountable for development of best in class insight lead selling support tools that enable EDGE through the value chain - Diageo, Distributor and retailer.
- Influential across many different stakeholders - Advanced Analytics, Brand/CP&A, GDBS, Customer Activation Team, Sales and externally with Distributor partners
- This role will be responsible for evolving the way we develop and distribute selling support tools utilizing advanced Analytics and technology to drive and enable EDGE.
Top 3-5 Accountabilities
- Deliver commercially grounded insight lead sales support tools delivered in a consistent, packaged approach in a timely manner.
- Partnering with GDBS refine the way we deliver selling support to the markets and the sales rep.
- Partner with Distributor Trade Development teams to ensure right tools are developed and performance manage and track compliance against usage of insight driven selling tools.
- Regularly review progress with key stakeholders (internal and distributor TD and Reps) and course correct as appropriate
Qualifications and Experience Required
- Advanced level of analytical skills across syndicated & internal sources
- Proven ability to handle multiple projects with strong project management skills
- Experience in Category Development, Customer Marketing or strong commercial/sales experience
- Must have proven success with cross functional team management and strong influencing skills.
- Advanced working knowledge of Excel and PowerPoint
TO ALL RECRUITMENT AGENCIES: Diageo does not accept unsolicited agency resumes.
Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Diageo employees or any other company location. Diageo is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.