Fixed Term Contract (6 - 9 months)
Guinness Storehouse is the no. 1 international visitor attraction in Ireland and one of the top brand attractions in the world. Guinness Storehouse is positioned in the market as the "Home of Guinness", a national icon and synonymous with the Guinness core brand values.
The Learning and development mission is for all employees in the Guinness Storehouse to be set up for success to meet and exceed their full potential and to understand and demonstrate our key behaviours, core standards and values to ensure we deliver on our mission.
- Lead the L&D strategy for the Guinness Storehouse working closely with HRBP to ensure they're in alignment with business KPI's.
- Devise a new learning and development programme, creating all bespoke material, must embed and be in line with the Guinness storehouse core values.
- Ensure that all staff receive statutory training- to include Environmental, health, safety and fire awareness and that accurate records are maintained.
- Build solutions and improve existing interventions taking into account external best practice including Induction, Quality, Customer Experience, EH&S, Mystery Shopper Programme.
- Roll out suite of people management training courses. Ensure its implementation across departments.
- Be the lead on-site trainer, facilitating training through workshop and classroom based learning, presenting and taking charge of room set-up.
- Liaise with trainers to ensure all inductions are presented in a professional and inspiring manner; work with department trainers to ensure all on the job training is effectively implemented.
- Manage the training budget and ensure the return on investment of all external training is monitored and insights brought back into the business.
- Carry out regular training needs analysis, ensuring all training is tracked and audited quarterly.
- Develop plan to implement and evaluate Guinness Storehouse service standards & Environmental, Health & Safety interventions for staff working in the Guinness Storehouse.
- Collaborate with EH&S and ISO teams to ensure on-going implementation of ISO policies and procedures.
- 3+ years training experience in either FMCG or Retail & Hospitality.
- 3rd level qualification (preferably in HR or Training)
- Proven experience of presenting training to large groups of people.
- Experience of setting, embedding, measuring and benchmarking Service Standards in Hospitality /Retail /Customer Service role.
- Experience of developing and delivering training materials
- Proven leadership capability and initiative
- MBTI trained to facilitate and implement is advantageous.
To be a success you will need to show the following:
- High professional standards -seeks out and identifies best industry practices
- Good commercial acumen - understand the implications of action on the business
- Ability to tap into best practice and network within and outside the Company.
- Prioritise -focused on key priorities and aligns work to strategic initiatives
- Highly organised and has excellent planning skills