As the world's leading premium Drinks Company, Diageo is also synonymous for its marketing capabilities and talent across the globe.
Embedded within the European Culture, Media & Futures team, Sponsorship within Diageo is a vital growth driver in order to be competitive within international premium beer & spirits. Sponsorship provides a unique platform that connects consumers around key passion points and delivers Next Generation Marketing of building brands in culture. This role gives unrivalled access to the UK's premium sporting and cultural events which are the flagship of the company's marketing programmes.
The Sponsorship & Event portfolio currently includes a fantastic and wide range of Partnerships across GB & Ireland: Home Nations Rugby sponsorships for Ireland, England, Wales & Scotland, Munster & Leinster Rugby, Six Nations Rugby, GUINNESS PRO14, London Irish, GAA, Guinness Cork Jazz Festival and numerous Horse Racing festivals across GB & Ireland. Carlsberg is a key sponsor of the Football Association of Ireland. Diageo also has some key venue sponsorships - In Ireland; Aviva Stadium, Croke Park, Thomond Park, The RDS, and in GB - Twickenham, Principality Stadium and BT Murrayfield. We also have a music programme with Aiken Promotions covering multiple outdoor concerts & comedy festivals in Ireland and a very comprehensive festival programme covering some of the UK's top festivals with the pinnacle being Glastonbury.
As a Sponsorship Manager, you will create & foster existing first-class (internal & external) relationships whilst maintaining the best possible corporate reputation for Diageo. Decision maker for the Europe sponsorship properties of Domestic Rugby, (GUINNESS PRO14, Leinster and Munster Rugby) and Horse Racing (Galway, Punchestown and Listowel Races) and the GB Festival's Programme.
Key outcomes of the role:
- Create Strategies that Win: To build a profitable, efficient, flexible and high quality programme of activity to support Diageo brands.
- Lead competition-beating execution: Embed a culture of industry leading sponsorship strategy of commercial activity, working collaboratively with the commercial team, and identify new opportunities for Diageo brands.
- Partner brilliantly with agencies and cross functional teams to deliver breakthrough execution: Clear and creative ways of working with the right partners (including customers) in order to generate compelling solutions.
- Lead and role models the culture that delivers the objectives of Europe: There is a strong focus upon simplification and single-point of accountability.
Top 3 functional capabilities for this role:
- Beating the Competition: Accountable for holistic performance, fast implementation of big scalable ideas executed brilliantly, identify and align key stakeholders to deliver brilliant execution.
- Commercial Acumen: Is able to use knowledge of P&L of portfolio of Diageo brands to create compelling commercial propositions for asset and event owners; constantly seeks creative solutions to maximise performance for Diageo; understanding and application of Return on Investment measurement.
- Motivating and Inspiring Teams: Can motivate and challenge diverse teams to deliver excellent brand experiences and business results, both internally and externally.
Essential qualifications / experience required:
- An experienced sponsorship practitioner across sporting, music and entertainment industries would be the preferred candidate.
- A strong interest / background in sports - particularly Rugby.
- Proven event activation and management experience.
- Strong track record in building key stakeholder relationships internally and externally.
- Experience in Brand, Commercial or Customer Marketing roles is an advantage.
- Able to work remotely and often at unsociable hours including weekends.
- Proven track record of commercial negotiation skills.