Closing date: 4th November 2018
Who are we..?
Our Global Learning and Capability team lead the development of learning solutions across the organisation that improves capability and drives performance for the business. The Leadership Capability agenda is critical for Diageo and focuses on developing frameworks that offer experiences and development interventions for our leaders.
We have an opportunity for a Head of Leadership Development to join our Global Learning and Capabilities team. This role will lead the development of the Leadership & Management propositions and continually seek ways to improve value and the learner experience. In addition, they will continue to evolve the community of Leaders as Teachers approach and enhance the capability of those who deliver solutions and coach.
The purpose of the Leadership Capability Manager is to develop the architecture for a global Leadership and Management Academy that can be deployed, utilised and adopted. The curriculum will be based on external insight and research that can be applied within the organisation. Responsible for Leadership and Management development across Diageo, it will have an accountability to review the current programmes to consolidate and simplify the learning offer. This role will encompass the ownership of development for any leadership programmes including current leadership (e.g. DLPP, Coaching, People Manager Framework & LEAP) and talent programmes (e.g. GGP, FLP & ALP).
Owning the framework for our framework for our leadership and pipeline development programs; it will also develop a process of ongoing continuous improvement to the leadership offer and deploy learning in an agile and meaningful way. It will lead the development of leadership content through a community of SMEs and will provide the content/frameworks for our Leaders as Teachers.
- Lead the design and development of the Diageo Leadership and Management frameworks with a focus on improving leadership capability.
- Provide rigorous project planning, tracking of milestones and effective follow-through on all elements of the project.
- Develop Leaders as Teachers support (train the trainer; facilitation guides, etc.).
- Role model and work with a supporting team member who will focus on People Management Development.
Who are you..?
- Passionate about and experienced in creating and deploying a global Leadership and Management Academy that has demonstrable improvements in leadership capability and business performance.
- End to end management of the employee experience to ensure effortless accessibility and adoption of the curricula.
- Well versed in strong measurement and evaluations of programmes that includes capability and value for global organisations.
- Ability to easily translate innovative leadership research into applicable learning curricula that delivers business performance.
- Strong stakeholder engagement skills - influencing decision makers and demonstrated ability to engage at all levels in the organisation.
- Extensive experience in leadership development; leveraging external best practice and insight to create a compelling visions for leadership development.