Closing date: 4th November 2018
Who are we..?
The Global Learning and Capability team lead the development of learning solutions across our organisation that improves capability and drives performance for the business. The Leadership Capability agenda is critical for Diageo that focuses on developing frameworks that offer experiences and development interventions for our Leaders across Diageo.
We have an opportunity for a Leadership Development Specialist to join our Global Learning and Capability team and are seeking an individual with significant experience in people management and leadership; passionate about leveraging external best practice and insight to create a compelling vision for people management.
This role will report into the Senior Leadership and Capability Manager and support them with the development of the Leadership & Management proposition. They will also take ownership of the people management programmes and develop the programme to become world class particularly with the level of change required of our people leaders. They will support the design and development of our core leadership and pipeline development interventions throughout the business ensuring strong, measurable performance returns.
The purpose of this role is to take ownership of the people management capability agenda and design, curate and develop meaningful learning that improves capability. This will form the basis of our People Management Academy curriculum and will move beyond a traditional programmatic approach. Instead will develop a people management learning offer that is a combination of experience, digital and virtual learning that is relevant to role and can be accessed simply. A key requirement of the role is to introduce latest thinking and innovation in adult learning and neuroscience to shape our curriculum.
- Develop the People Management curriculum that connected to our organisational values.
- Design the learner employee experience and ensure it is simple and congruent to the requirements of the role.
- Partner with internal and external SMEs to design a curriculum of learning that can be accessed at the point of need and include a blended approach to development such as webinars, e-learning, presenters etc.
- Construct a mechanism to evaluate the effectiveness of the programme by partnering with Talent Assurance on assessment.
Who are you..?
Learning and People Development management experience is important to our centre of expertise. Success is highly dependent upon:
- Ability to design and curate people leadership content based upon internal and external insight.
- Develop a methodology to evaluate the effectiveness of the programme in terms of capability and performance.
- Is able to communicate and influence stakeholders in a way that is impactful and relevant.
- Demonstrable experience of the design, development and implementation of a global curriculum.
- Previous experience of building an effective, multi-modality Management Learning proposition comprising of internal and external solutions.
- Demonstrate deep knowledge of facilitation and can use this to deliver a variety of L&D interventions in different environments.
- Project management skills to deliver new interventions for simplified execution.
- Translate business strategic priorities into people leadership capabilities.