Closing date: 28th October 2018
Global Travel (GT) operates in the unique and exclusive Travel Retail (i.e. Duty Free) sector. Often referred to as the sixth continent, Travel Retail has its own set of inhabitants, geography and channels (international airport shops, international land border stores, on-board airlines, ferries and cruise ships, along with some non-retail and diplomatic sales) as well as its own unique commercial landscape (operating 24/7 across multiple languages and currencies with 200+ nationalities travelling annually).
From Bhutan to Botswana and from Venezuela to Vietnam, GT is the only market in Diageo which offers global scope and market accountability. Responsible for representing and selling Diageo products in more than 110 countries around the world, and with access to billions of potential shoppers globally, we are a strategically important market for Diageo in terms of both profit and NSV.
Alcohol is a £10 billion business in travel retail and with passenger and aircraft numbers expected to double in the next 20 years, we have endless opportunities for growth for Diageo. Travel retail is where luxury, exclusivity and innovation meet, and with our winning portfolio of brands, winning executions and winning team - we are excited about what the future holds.
We are a young, dynamic business and have recently reshaped our structure, mission and vision in order drive greater focus around the delivery of ambitious business goals. We are passionate about what we do and are looking for exceptional, like-minded people to join our diverse, energetic team.
Dimensions of the role
The role offers you the opportunity to work in an international team, experiencing the diversity that is the GT business. Operating in a diverse, dynamic environment, this role functions across a multi-country, multi-currency and multiple time zonal setting, serving a wide diversity of customers and operating in a complex mix of regulatory environments.
Understand what creates value for customers and delivers on it
- Sets guidelines and manages the governance of trade terms execution, accountable for sales driver audit and assessment for effectiveness of spend.
- Is instrumental in feeding back insights and understanding to the regional teams through effective M&E and work with CP&A team, Finance teams (CFA's) and Customer Marketing.
Manages and executes customer plans that deliver long term sustainable growth for Diageo and our customers
- Develops and delivers with the team the Joined-Up Business Plans and directs the effective deployment of our Trade Investments to maximise value.
- Accountable for planning and evaluation (Pre-Post M&E) of all trade investment, including the governance of promotional investment and execution to global guidelines.
- Delivers customer specific insights into the annual Diageo business planning process.
Drive Sales Execution
- Deliver the required local sales measures as per the agreed scorecard - specific execution on distribution, space, promo, activation, category & innovation.
- Local coaching and development of the 3rd party brand ambassadors ensuring the optimum deployment, working hours, priorities & targets.
- Key contact for execution agencies leading them through execution from start to finish.
Qualifications and experience
- Strong demonstrable Commercial & Customer Marketing experience coupled with sales field roles.
- Proven ability in developing and implementing strategy, solving complex problems and effective decision making.
- Inspiring a multi-functional sales and bringing the team on a journey to success.
- Excellent understanding of P&L management.