*This is a talent pool posting, not an actual job opening. Please apply if you'd like to be considered for future opportunities.*
Come join our team to help start-up our brand new brewery, packaging and warehousing site! We are looking for Processing Team Members to support our maturing and processing operations at our new site.
WHY IS THE ROLE IMPORTANT: Processing Operators are highly trained and skilled with the ability to operate in all areas, facilitating a highly flexible workforce structured to support the business needs.
-Willingness to learn all operating tasks as defined by the Training Program.
-Assist with education and training of permanent and/or temporary replacements.
- Processing Team Members complete applicable SAP transactions for ingredient and bulk liquid moves throughout the system including unloading/receiving, process orders, inventories and shipments.
-Inspect, open, approve and unload containers of bulk products.
-Proof, gauge, and record receipt of incoming containers.
- Knowledge of hydrostatic tank gauges (HTG) to maintain these inventories. Determining tank volumes in scale and volumetric tanks.
-Filtration of various products as needed. Empty filters and clean as necessary.
-Manage logs as required by MDE (Maryland Department of Environment) and TTB (Tax and Trade Bureau).
-Addition of ingredients to various products either by hand or automated systems in compliance with company formulas.
-Initiating and completing records of bulk tanks, ingredients and barrel inventories for cycle counts.
- Perform In-Process QA Checks including proof, color and clarity. Pull and test QA Samples in Quality Lab for final approval.
-Compliance with Spill Prevention and Escalation Procedure.
-Unload empty barrels manually or by use of mechanical equipment to barrel filling line.
-Fill and empty barrels of product utilizing lances and electronic controls.
-Ability to support barrel warehousing activities including stacking full barrel pallets 4 high.
-Participate with the site safety team and SIRC program.
-Exhibit a positive attitude and work with co-workers in a team based environment to achieve production goals.
- Support programs to prevent accidents, prevent spills, eliminate waste in production, recycle, improve production, conserve materials and supplies, improve quality, demonstrate good manufacturing practice, and uphold Diageo values, code of conduct, policies, procedures and terms and conditions of the Collective Bargaining Agreement.
-Ability to clearly communicate with team members especially during high risk operations such as movement of barrels.
- Follow Good Manufacturing Procedures (GMP), perform tasks per the Master Sanitation Schedule (MSS) and Daily Sanitation Schedule, and follow general housekeeping and rules for Food Safety Regulations. This includes maintaining 5S requirements in the work area.
-Update MMS boards where necessary.
WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
An engaged individual who is willing to work as a team in all areas of the Processing Department. Candidates must exhibit a continuous improvement mind set and behaviours, and must also demonstrate behaviours of professionalism, teamwork and leadership.
- Forklift safety and certification or experience in the operation of a powered industrial truck.
- Able to distinguish the difference in numeric and alphabetic sequences.
- Material handing experience.
- Basic computer skills, including Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel - Experience in SAP is a plus.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Mechanical aptitude.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
To all recruitment agencies: Diageo does not accept unsolicited agency resumes.
Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Diageo employees or any other company location. Diageo is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.