About the role
As Manager, IT Programs, App Architect you are responsible to drive app architecture of a wide range of applications using different platforms such us mobile phones, tablets and in general web and responsive web, including extended technology use cases like virtual and augmented reality, Internet of Things and conversational apps, combining technical and engineering skills as well as people skills.
Common duties of the App Architect include the definition of each app architecture to enforce the microservice reusability based on public and private cloud services, ensuring development standard, frameworks and tools are suitable for each app in the pipeline of the IT Digital Factory, contributing as well to the DevSecOps Vision to automate as much as possible the delivery of enhancements/fixes of all apps being built.
This role will act as a key poing of contact for all agile delivery managers and scrum masters during application development to guide on all technical considerations, working closely as well with Enterprise architecture team, Security as well as Integration services whilst others.
At this position, you will typically report to the Director of the IT Digital Factory in BCN.
Key accountabilities and responsibilities
- Defining the overall technical architecture for mobile/web apps envisioned with internal customers and product owners working closely with pre-qualified delivery partners.
- Discussing and agreeing on technology stack to be used for any new app from the point of view of development standards as well as back-end microservices to be used/required to accomplish targeted architecture definition, focusing on re-usability.
- Experience in designing, creating and evolving architecture roadmaps and operational models that span the Technology, Application and Data layers for complex, high-available systems in responsive web, preferably with JS frameworks (NodeJS, AngularJS, ReactJS) and Mobile (hybrid frameworks, native IOS and native Android) and integrating them with private and public web-services, microservices and external APIs
- Experience in working, designing, integrating and deploying solutions in the main cloud providers: Amazon, Google and Azure (Cloud Foundry)
- Defining & implementing the future DevOps delivery platform for mobile and web apps in the IT Digital Factory, from the agile management tool (JIRA) to continuous integration, testing and releasing with support from QA and Operations & Support leaders.
- Understanding of mobile security protocols (SAML, oData, Kerberos, SSO, Certificate auth...) & practices to adopt the security by design principles in development frameworks defined
- Contributing to new app backlog creation with non-functional requirements/stories targeting, performance, scalability.....
- Contributing to global app quality in close coordination with QA leader to ensure testing practices are adopted by delivery partners when delivering an app.
- Work in close coordination with members of the IT Digital Factory but also Enterprise Architecture and PMO, to align on decisions taken if impacting enterprise principles defined.
- Deep knowledge of agile frameworks and practices (Scrum, Kanban)
- Experience with Enterprise Mobile Device Management (MDM) and Identification & Access Management (IAM) solutions is a plus
- Knowledge of IA and IOT will be considered.
- Communication with: Both Internal and External Parties
- Level of Communication: Influence (effect change)
- Innovation: Identify, develop, and make improvements to new ideas, techniques, procedures, services, or products: Modify - adapt or enhance quality or value
Measures of success
Initiative Success (Overall architecture re-usability and robustness in all terms)
Critical experiences for success
To be successful in this role you will have/be:
- Solid understanding of software development life cycle models as well as deep knowledge of Agile (Scrum, Kanban) as well as some traditional project management principles and practices,
- A proven track record of successfully acting as app architect in the mobile and web space including 3+ years of experience in a high-tech development environment with multi-function teams in a global environment, with internal and external teams, including developers, business analysts and quality assurance personnel between others.
- Some knowledge of UX/Design principles for mobile and web apps
- Prior experience JIRA, Microsoft Project, SharePoint and other DevSecOps tools, like Git/GitHub, Jenkins, Selenium, SonarCube, Xray, and others.
- Creative approach to problem-solving with the ability to focus on details while maintaining the "big picture" view
- Very good English.
- Bachelor / Master Degree in a technological area
The following experiences are recommended:
Fluent in another language than English
Experience/exposure to different markets dynamics/specificities/cultures
Technology / Stack certifications
Our ways of working
Our family legacy has positively influenced our ways of working and has shaped the values to which our employees aspire. We're caring, like a family, and not only internally, but also in the wider communities in which we operate. This is demonstrated by our commitment to both act responsibly and promote the choice to drink responsibly. We trust one another, and through that trust are able to forge strong teams and networks that empower our matrix organization structure. We're passionate, reflecting our Latin heritage, and this means that we commit more than just time to our work: we commit energy, heart and soul. We are dedicated to being a role model in our industry, and we approach everything we do with Integrity First. Together, our values help us create what we're most proud of: our True Heart and Winning Spirit - both in our home markets and across the world.