About the role
As Associate Manager, IT Programs, Agile lead you are responsible for planning, leading, organizing, and motivating agile project teams, both internal and external as provided by vendors, to achieve a high level of performance and quality in delivering agile projects that provide business value to users in an iterative and incremental manner, being a permanent member of the IT Digital Factory in BCN.
The Agile lead may be responsible for managing several concurrent high visibility projects using Bacardi agile methodology, practice and tools in a fast-paced environment that may cross multiple business division, blending some traditional project management principles and practices with the agile development approach in the right proportions to fit small and large, complex or not projects and with the appropriate level of planning, providing the right balance of agility and predictability.
At this position, you will typically report to the Director of the IT Digital Factory in BCN.
Key accountabilities and responsibilities
- Project Planning and Management -Define project scope through a high-level project/product backlog, release plan (including MVP, MLP and subsequent releases) as well as general approach to be used for developing, testing and releasing along the project with all agile members, including vendor teams, in alignment with Bacardi practices defined, to deliver value on a regular basis, leveraging agile toolset defined and reporting on status, managing risks and issues proactively as well as budget, , time and quality.
- Team Management - Assist in team development while holding teams accountable for their commitments, removing roadblocks to their work; leveraging organizational resources to improve capacity for project work; and mentoring and developing team members.
- Product Owner Support - Support the Product Owner in managing customer expectations for project deliverables, managing stakeholder communications, and helping to implement an effective system of project governance in close coordination with the IT Bacardi Digital Factory, IT PMO & different IT functional areas.
Communication with both internal and external parties
Level of Communication: To influence (effect change)
Innovation: Identify, develop, and make improvements to new ideas, techniques, procedures, services, or products: Modify - adapt or enhance quality or value
Measures of success
Initiative Success (Client Aligned Initiative Success, On Value, On Cost, and On Time, On Scope, On Quality)
Critical experiences for success
To be successful in this role you will have/be:
- Solid understanding of software development life cycle models as well as deep knowledge of Agile (Scrum, Kanban) as well as some traditional project management principles and practices, and the ability to blend them together in the right proportions to fit a project and business environment
- A proven track record of successfully implementing mobile and web application projects using Agile methodologies including 3+ years of experience in a high-tech development environment with multi-function teams in a global environment, with internal and external teams, including developers, business analysts and quality assurance personnel between others.
- Some knowledge of UX/Design principles for mobile and web apps to facilitate the discussion between users, product owner and the UX/Design team, to provide a clean and consistent experience to 'persona's' involved.
- Prior experience JIRA, Microsoft Project, SharePoint and other DevOps tools, like Git/GitHub, Jenkins, Selenium, and others.
- Balanced business/technical background:
- Enough level of technical background to provide highly-credible leadership to development teams and to be able to accurately and objectively evaluate complex project risks and issues
- General knowledge of public / private cloud services, like Amazon web services or Azure, as well as service-oriented architecture principles, to be able to facilitate architectural discussion between the agile team and the digital factory architect and cloud operation team.
- Ability to provide leadership to business analysts and collaborate with customers and develop strategies and solutions of high business value
- Strong interpersonal skills including mentoring, coaching, collaborating, and team building, with excellent oral and written communications skills and experience interacting with both business and IT individuals at all levels including the executive level
- Creative approach to problem-solving with the ability to focus on details while maintaining the "big picture" view
- Very good English.
- Bachelor / Master Degree in a technological area
The following experiences are recommended:
- Fluent in another language than English, like Spanish
- Experience/exposure to different markets dynamics/specificities/cultures
- Agile certification or equivalent
Our ways of working
Our family legacy has positively influenced our ways of working and has shaped the values to which our employees aspire. We're caring, like a family, and not only internally, but also in the wider communities in which we operate. This is demonstrated by our commitment to both act responsibly and promote the choice to drink responsibly. We trust one another, and through that trust are able to forge strong teams and networks that empower our matrix organization structure. We're passionate, reflecting our Latin heritage, and this means that we commit more than just time to our work: we commit energy, heart and soul. We are dedicated to being a role model in our industry, and we approach everything we do with Integrity First. Together, our values help us create what we're most proud of: our True Heart and Winning Spirit - both in our home markets and across the world.