We have an exciting opportunity for a Spanish Cask Auditor to take this Jerez based position.
The primary function of this role is to audit processes and working cooperages and bodegas against detailed specifications and technical interpretation of cask production and supply.
The role holder will liaise with suppliers and cask producers challenging them on their working practices to ensure they are aligned to the 'Edrington Wood Policy'.
Reporting to the Spanish Operations Manager & Master of Wood, key responsibilities for this role include:
- Auditing approx 60,000 casks over 3 main bodega sites and 3 cooperages in and around Jerez
- Stave origin documentation - confirm origin where possible and ensure order quotas for American Oak /European Oak / Spanish Oak are being met,
- Cask construction - quality of toasting levels of shells and ends
- Auditing and reporting on the Cask finalisation, integrity and condition to end user
- Ensuring cask tracking procedures are in place
- Ensuring cask identification and seasoning parameters are being captured accurately
- Ensuring Construction plan and Bodega delivery plans are aligned,
- Seasoning Wine quality checks - recycling wine procedure is being followed ('old' wine refreshed with 'younger' wine)
- Audit and oversee the 'seasoning period' (12 month target) is aligned with the 'In to' Scotland plan
- Cooperage repairs post seasoning are being carried out efficiently and minimising wastage and ensuring that quality standards are met and maintained
- The role holder will interact, influence and challenge key suppliers in the Edrington Cask network as well as being capable communicators with the operations team in Scotland
The successful candidate will have a technical background ideally with experience in cask/wood management, with a knowledge of the sherry industry being a distinct advantage. You will have a good understanding of quality standard and excellent communication skills, able to influence suppliers and key stakeholders. You will be computer literate, comfortable working unsupervised and have experience of auditing.
Applicants must be fluent in both Spanish and English and hold a full clean driving licence.