About the role
As HR Director you will play a key role in supporting the business in the relevant location(s). In this position, you will be:
- Driving the execution of the People Agenda for the LAC region in close collaboration with the HR Commercial team.
- Coach and strategically business partner to the OC LAC leadership team
- Leading key HR initiatives and change programs
- Ensure high quality application of HR services, policies and programs.
- The role is based in Tultitlan. However you will need to travel to stay connected to all stakeholders.
- Direct responsibility for local Operations HR function and team in Mexico
- LAC Operations has over 350 employees and is a key location for operations with respect to both Rum and Tequila, amongst other brands.
- The role is also required to play a significant leadership role within extended HR networks across the Global Operations function both regionally and globally and to ensure that the functional and market HR agendas are closely aligned.
Key accountabilities and responsibilities
- Be the HR business partner for LAC Operations. Provide coaching and counseling in the areas of employee relations, policy interpretation and review, staffing, compensation & benefits, conflict resolution, performance management, talent development and succession planning.
- Support design and ensure implementation of organizational changes aligned with the Role Model Organization and talent strategy.
- Drive Building Capabilities programs for the location(s) in line with Global people strategy and plans
People Practices and Systems
- Ensure compliance with HR policies and procedures in terms of conduct, mobility, compensation & benefits, internal & external recruitment, onboarding, development, training, etc.
- Manage and resolve complex employee relations issues. Conduct effective, thorough and objective investigations to reduce risks and ensure regulatory compliance. Partner with legal department as needed/required.
- Maintain HR systems (Primarily WorkDay), ensure data is kept up to date and correct and provide relevant analysis and reports as required.
Talent Development and Acquisition
- Support implementation of Global talent strategy.
- Conduct Talent Review annual process and ensure succession pipeline for critical roles
- Support line managers in creation and implementation of development plans for identified population (e.g. top and rising talent).
- Coach and educate managers on the talent development methodology and development products available
- Recruit and integrate high quality candidates according to business needs, lead-time and
- recruitment cost targets.
- Coordinate and liaise with contracting agencies to provide support to plant operations.
- Support and ensure functional and technical training requirements, plans, delivery, review and assessment of effectiveness are in place (primarily for bottling line operators)
- Drive WIL strategies and plans
Union and Employee Relationships
- Lead the relationship between the union, its workers and Bacardi, applying the strategy defined by the
- Bacardi top management as well as coordinating all interactions with Labour Lawyers. This includes leading all Union Bargaining processes.
- Accompany development process of works council / union / employee representatives in Mexico in order to maintain the pro-active cooperation between employees and Bacardi management in order to keep and improve the current flexibility.
- Build a deep understanding of the key motivators of all plant employees and ensure that an enabling environment exists to maximize individual performance.
- Monitor employee engagement level, support implementation of action plans to drive engagement.
- Ensure timely and effective reporting and communication of progress as required
- Manage and resolve employee relations issues and other labor/union management processes
Measures of success
Delivery of agreed key performance indicators e.g;
- HR Budget
- Becoming Bacardi satisfaction survey
- % internal hires
- WIL targets
- Priority positions filled within 90 days
Critical experiences for success
You will have a strong background in HR along with a track record of successful building and maintain of union relationships. You are able to manage upwards with key stakeholders to do the right thing for the Company, its employees and its values.
- 10+ HR experience, preferably with manufacturing experience.
- Experience in leading Union Bargaining processes
- Lean Manufacturing & High Performance Teams.
- Solid knowledge on Talent Management and Coaching for Middle and Senior Management levels.
- University Degree
- Knowledge of Mexican Labour Laws.
- Fluency in English and Spanish
FUNCTIONAL & LEADERSHIP EXCELLENCE
- High energy level / ability to motivate and support HR programs across the business
- Strong knowledge of developing HR programs is required, with clear value added focus and deliverables and links to anticipated business benefits.
- Excellent understanding of employee law principles and their application in a dynamic business context
- Strong relationship builder in complex organizational contexts, able to lead initiatives that will build a stronger Global Operations function without losing site of the "One Bacardi" principle
- Building and motivating teams and individuals
- Drive for results
- Conflict resolution
- A self-starter, who works well with autonomy.
- Handles ambiguity with comfort.
- Able to energize / inspire stakeholders around a clear vision of the future.
- Good negotiation, communication skills within area, backed up by proactive, decisive and entrepreneurial operating style
- Outstanding demonstrated leadership skills to operate successfully within the organizational matrix
- Builds high performing teams, developing direct reports and others to achieve superior performance
- Strong drive for results with positive, transparent and ethical leadership style
- Is non-bureaucratic, listens and people-oriented
- Is self-confident with a "can do" attitude
Our ways of working
Our family legacy has positively influenced our ways of working and has shaped the values to which our employees aspire. We're caring, like a family, and not only internally, but also in the wider communities in which we operate. This is demonstrated by our commitment to both act responsibly and promote the choice to drink responsibly. We trust one another, and through that trust are able to forge strong teams and networks that empower our matrix organization structure. We're passionate, reflecting our Latin heritage, and this means that we commit more than just time to our work: we commit energy, heart and soul. We are dedicated to being a role model in our industry, and we approach everything we do with Integrity First. Together, our values help us create what we're most proud of: our True Heart and Winning Spirit - both in our home markets and across the world.