WE currently have a fantastic opportunity to join us as A PROJECT manager AT OUR INTERNATIONAL supply technical centre in the central belt of scotland.
Diageo is the world's leading premium drinks company, a business built on the principles and foundations laid by the giants of our industry.
Our purpose, celebrating life, every day, everywhere means that our brands are part of celebrations big and small. We believe that living our purpose in full is to make the most of life - to be the best you can be at work, at home, with friends, in the community, and for the community.
Our Ambition is to create the best performing, most trusted and respected consumer Products Company in the world. To achieve these we need the world's very best Project Managers.
ABOUT THE ROLE
At the International Supply Centre we are the proud custodians of many of Diageo's world famous brands; we have over 4,000 employees across 61 sites, 56 packaging lines and producing 26bn drinks annually. We produce 11 out of our 13 global brands (as well as many others).
The Brand Change team is part of Diageo's International Supply Technical Centre. Every day the Brand Change team are modernising packaging on our existing Brands, as well as creating new packs and liquids as we launch new innovative Brands to add to our already extensive exciting portfolio, supporting Diageo's markets in their Innovation growth goals.
Ever wanted to walk into a bar or a shop see a product and say:
\"I did that. I saw that through from concept to commercialisation, into production, and onto the shelf\"
Yes? Then this could be the role for you.
As a Brand Change Project Manager, you will lead cross functional teams of about ten people to deliver the change. This role will give the successful candidate great exposure to many of the functions within Diageo, including Marketing, Innovation, Procurement, Manufacturing, Finance, Data and Supply Chain. A fantastic platform where you can demonstrate your leadership and technical skills to ensure successful project delivery.
Whilst the role is based in our Technical Centre in Central Scotland, you will be required to visit packaging suppliers and other Diageo sites, so if you like to be sat at the same desk all week long, this is not for you. Building great relationships, fantastic communication skills, and finding solutions will be key to success in the role.
- Formation and leadership of cross business teams to deliver medium to large scale brand change activities.
- Delivery of "True to Concept" liquid and packaging solutions to agreed cost, quality and time commitments.
- Application of required project planning, budgeting, tracking, reporting and stakeholder communications processes to demonstrate required rigour of project management.
- Application of necessary packaging development skills to ensure "Design for Quality" packaging designed which performs well at all stages in the Supply Chain.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE:
- Degree level qualification or equivalent, ideally in technical area.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and influencing skills, being capable of developing sound working relationships.
- Sound people co-ordination and management ability.
- Institute of Packaging Diploma or equivalent, or commitment to train for same.
- Strong project management skills with sound knowledge of a wide range of packaging materials and processes.
- Commercial awareness and financially literate.
- Excellent organisation, report preparation, and presentation skills.
OPEN TO A CONVERSATION ON FLEXIBLE WORKING