WHY IS THE ROLE IMPORTANT:
As a member of the Bottling Department, the Bottling Team Member (BTM) is responsible for ensuring the effectiveness of the production operation in all areas of the department. The BTM works to ensure Safety and Quality procedures are adhered to and organizational goals are met. Each employee will have the capability and flexibility to run each piece of equipment and every line, and perform any role within the Bottling Department.
1. Operate all equipment rinsers, fillers, crowners, seamers, in-line blending system, labeler, packer, sealer, etc.
2. Perform all responsibilities in compliance with safety, sanitation, quality and housekeeping rules.
3. Perform machine and equipment line changeovers for different bottles, packaging, and liquid.
4. Perform equipment maintenance and preventative tasks as assigned.
5. Perform equipment lubrication and inspection routines as assigned.
6. Adjust photo eyes and other electromechanical devices necessary for proper machine operation.
7. Input downtime and other relevant machine performance data into performance database.
8. Perform machine center-lining functions.
9. Clean machinery to maintain optimum machine performance. This may include using tools to scrape, wipe, sweep, and squeegee.
10. Troubleshoot machinery to maintain optimum machine performance. This may include clearing jams, adjusting/resetting equipment, removing glue/labels, etc.
11. Repair substandard packages. This may include relabeling bottles, restacking boxes on pallets, etc.
12. Loading equipment and packaging supplies.
13. Use various lab equipment to perform quality checks. Interpret, follow, and execute product quality specifications, inspection and testing.
14. Ability to learn and have working knowledge of SAP. This includes writing and closing out work orders and PM's in the system.
15. Support programs to prevent accidents, prevent spills, eliminate waste in production, recycle, improve production, conserve materials and supplies, improve quality, demonstrate good manufacturing practice, and uphold Diageo values, code of conduct, policies, procedures and terms and conditions of the Collective Bargaining Agreement.
16. Exhibit a positive attitude and work with co-workers in a team based environment to achieve production goals.
17. Follow Good Manufacturing Procedures (GMP), perform tasks per the Master Sanitation Schedule (MSS) and Daily Sanitation Schedule, and follow general housekeeping and rules for Food Safety Regulations. This includes maintaining 5S requirements in work
18. Documented improvement in the Key Focus areas of the role.
19. Regularly push, pull or lift up to 50lbs and occasionally lift up to 100lbs.
WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
An engaged, mechanically inclined individual who is willing to work as a team in a high-volume manufacturing environment. An individual that has prior experience with or demonstrates the ability and desire to operate high speed bottling/packaging equipment, load raw materials, perform equipment troubleshooting, conduct preventative maintenance, quality control inspections, line sanitation, and data recording. Candidates must exhibit a continuous improvement mind set and behaviours. Candidates must also demonstrate behaviours of professionalism, teamwork and leadership.
- Able to distinguish the difference in numeric and alphabetic sequences.
- Material handing experience.
- Basic computer skills, including Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel - Experience in SAP is a plus.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Mechanical aptitude.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
TO ALL RECRUITMENT AGENCIES: Diageo does not accept unsolicited agency resumes.
Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Diageo employees or any other company location. Diageo is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.