About the role
The role acts as the Single Point of Contact for the country in relation to Supply Chain.
Ensures the execution of the Region / Global strategy, policies and procedures are undertaken.
In this role you will act as the business partner for Operations towards the country management team of which you will be a part. You will also play a key role as the face of Operations and Supply Chain for the Brazilian Market and point of contact for Regional and Global operations.
Ensure demand and supply are aligned to deliver the business plan at optimum cost.
Through the S&OP process deliver to our customers the right product, at the right time, at the right place, with the right quality, at the right cost incl development and implementation of an outstanding customer service performance.
Critical to deliver improved forecast accuracy and reducing inventory days and logistics costs
In this role you will likely often find yourself in your office, but you should also expect to have to travel e.g. to visit 3rd party service providers.
Key accountabilities and responsibilities
TEAM LEADERSHIP & SPOC
- Lead the Supply Chain organization for Brazil, along with wider oversight and responsibilities relating 3rd Party Manufacturers, internal and external clients such as suppliers.
- Lead, coach and development of team (>10 FTE's)
- Act as conduit between Global Operations and the local business / suppliers. Dotted line to country MD highlights need for matrix management and understanding.
- Develop high level of coordination with the country manager to achieve effective management of the product supply flow, logistics, foreign trade and S&OP
- Set the plans and metrics for the Strategic Planning of Supply Chain team in Brazil
- Own, manage and control Supply Chain KPI's
- Primary contact for production scheduling with co-packers, dealing direct with them.
- Manage on-going operation with co-packers and ensure supply-chain KPI's are met and plans are in place
- Indirect Leadership over OPS finance and direct procurement resources in Brazil
- Lead import/export activities through an outsourced company
- Lead the stabilization of the local activities into systems and operation scope
- Ensure conformance to regulations associated with the Supply Chain activities (customs duty, excise, VAT, Strip Stamps aspects, importations, exportations...)
- Lead project management/execution at Supply Chain related projects and/or innovation.
BUDGET / COSTS
- Develop a clear understanding of the business cost to serve dynamics, being accountable for distribution costs & budget, manage cost to serve vs. service in general sales order environment as well as input into customer supply network changes and suggested changes, drive cost reduction / losses elimination activities to meet/optimize BR OPS budget
S&OP & PROCESS MANAGEMENT & DEVELOPMENT
- Maintain the Sales and Operations Planning policy and rules to be operated by the extended planning team
- Develop, implement and influence best practices in the disciplines of forecasting, inventory management, and logistics
- Manage continuous improvement of the product supply: improved customer service; faster cycles; reduction of waste and reduce delivering costs.
- Ensure that the Marketing & Sales business team reach agreement on Sales Operation and Plan on a monthly basis.
- Accountable for implementation, maintenance and review of SLA with country and plants to clearly set role, responsibility and performance management Sponsor S&OP process implementation
- Engage with the Country Manager, Marketing, Sales and customers to continuously update the requirements specifications and improve the Planning and Customer Services processes accordingly.
- Manage the Demand and Supply Planning processes to ensure that plans are established, monitored and reviewed in order to ensure efficient and timely distribution of products to the Country
- Resolve short/medium term supply constraints (ex. quality, technical...) to deliver product on the agreed basis
- Cooperate closely with the Activity Management Director and Project Managers on the design and development of an effective Innovation process with the aim of reducing supply chain complexity, increase supply reliability and flexibility
- Implement and maintain the process to prevent and monitor write-offs including action plans for reduction and control improvement
- Identify and execute the ideal balance between customer service requirements, inventory optimization, including capacity planning, SKU rationalization, planning and execution
- Optimize the distribution network from plant to customer in order improve the service level (lead time, consumer complaint...) and reduce the cost
- Select transportation routes to maximize economy by combining shipments or consolidating warehousing and distribution.
- Ensure efficient use of transportation resources while meeting the needs of the customer.
- Calculate the total system cost of delivering a product or service to the customer.
- Develop ways to reduce or mitigate carbon output that results from transporting materials or products to final customers.
- Controlling and monitoring the activities of 3PL (Third Party Logistics provider)
- Ensure Project Management capacity for all innovapps.
PEOPLE AND ORGANISATION
- Establish and maintain effective and cooperative working relations with internal/external organisations: motivate and encourage direct reports and employees working in a team environment to achieve department, and company goals
- Utilize a collaborative and consensus approach by working with Marketing, Sales, Customers, Finance , CLUSTER S&OP Manager and business team to ensure and reach that the agreement on Sales Operation and Plan on a monthly basis.
- Establish a process for aligning day-to-day decisions to the strategic plan.
Measures of success
- Operational Excellence: Drive sustained improvement in Supply Chain for the Country
- Relevant KPI's, for example:
- Perfect Serve
- Ensure that OTIF (On time in Full delivery) targets are respected
- Distribution Costs ($x per 9L case)
- Sales Forecast Accuracy Ensure that BIAS targets are respected
- Stock Level (in number of Days) Ensure that DIOH (Days inventory on hand) targets are respected
- Working Capital
- Sox compliance
- Great place to work
- Talent Development: Ensure country teams have clear and meaningful development plans in place and actively monitor and advance succession plans
Critical experiences for success
- You will have 7+ years experience in Supply Chain. Your familiarity and knowledge across customer service, demand planning, foreign trade and logistics will be well recognized
- This experience should have been gained in an FMCG environment but you may well have additional experience in high tech or pharma industries as well.
- You will have driven and managed change in a distribution or industrial supply chain organization where knowledge of international trading practices and global tax principles is vital to success
- Development of teams, across multiple cultures, will be a core experience you have gained
- Demonstrated use of analytical, collaborative problem solving and negotiation skills.
- Leadership of both direct teams and matrix / cross functional leadership - managing / directing others.
- You will have a track record of managing 3rd parties and driving continuous improvement in their performance - service, quality and cost
- Language Skills: Fluent Portuguese & English; Spanish an advantage
- Mastery in logistics and warehouse industry
- Mastery of Logistics & distribution process
- Mastery of analytical and reasoning abilities
- Excellent general IT literacy
- Mastery in Product Innovation
- Communication : Structures and presents technical data in a clear and logical format.
Our ways of working
Our family legacy has positively influenced our ways of working and has shaped the values to which our employees aspire. We're caring, like a family, and not only internally, but also in the wider communities in which we operate. This is demonstrated by our commitment to both act responsibly and promote the choice to drink responsibly. We trust one another, and through that trust are able to forge strong teams and networks that empower our matrix organization structure. We're passionate, reflecting our Latin heritage, and this means that we commit more than just time to our work: we commit energy, heart and soul. We are dedicated to being a role model in our industry, and we approach everything we do with Integrity First. Together, our values help us create what we're most proud of: our True Heart and Winning Spirit - both in our home markets and across the world.