About the role
In this role you will be accountable for creating value through driving sales and developing strong relationship with key customers in your dedicated territory. You will be driving the performance and growth of Bacardi's brands within your territory through negotiating the commercial terms and building long lasting relationships with customers. Your strong communication, presentation, networking and interpersonal skills will be key to your success in this role.
- You will be responsible to deliver key sales and Commercial targets for your dedicated territory as determined by the Country financial plan.
- You are an important day-to-day face of Bacardi towards the customers in your dedicated territory and will act as the key contact for customers in that territory, driving new business and maintaining sustainable relationships.
- You will use Bacardi Commercial Way assets (e.g. Picture of Success) and execute with excellence to activate our brands to influence consumers at the point of purchase
- You will be accountable for optimizing the return on Investment across your territory
This role is varied and a large percentage of your time will be spent interacting with the local customers. As a result, you can expect to be travelling extensively within your territory in order to stay connected to all customers.
Key accountabilities and responsibilities
Deliver results and excellence in execution
- Deliver on key financial targets (Net Sales Value, Gross Margin, Profitability, ROI, Market Share)
- Deliver on Pictures of Success targets (perfect in outlet brand execution), complete outlet surveys in all customer visits and work in partnership with customers to deliver excellence in execution
- Responsible for delivery of new business acquisition, contract retention and growth, brand distribution targets and outlet brand activation.
- Develop and manage the sales plan for your territory based on delivery of Commercial priorities.
- Manage territory / account performance on a monthly/quarterly basis, working with customers to ensure delivery of forecast and budget (volume / value / execution) in line with Bacardi Scorecard
- Deliver impact from customer and consumer programs agreed in the Country activation plans and territory targets. You will be required to work cross functionally with Marketing to ensure that Customer Marketing Activity is delivered and executed with excellence in territory.
- Act as the leading customer contact, building effective long-term relationships with customers
- Provide input to the Field Sales Managers on key channel, customer and competitive activity
- Communicate effectively with customers to seek inputs for product and service improvement and resolve day-to-day operational questions/issues
- Develop and maintain regular contact with Wholesale partners to mutually grow portfolio on territory.
Develop talent and capability
- Implement standardized Commercial best practices
- Have a thorough knowledge of Bacardi history and culture
- Work cross functionally within the Bacardi and Brown Forman organisations (e.g. Revenue Growth Management (RGM), Point of Sale (POS), trade marketing, selling support materials) to support local business objectives
Measures of success
- Performance: Achieve financial targets(revenue, profitability) vs. budget; Achieve "Pictures of Success" targets
- Value share: Drive value share growth of key Bacardi brands
- Commercial scorecard: Achieve goals defined in Commercial Scorecard and Country Capability Action Plan
- Customer: Achieve target customer satisfaction measures
- Engagement: Ensure direct and indirect team engagement and support thorugh living Bacardi Values
Critical experiences for success
To be successful in this role you will have/be:
- Well-developed written and verbal communication, presentation
- Effective use of networking and strong interpersonal skills
- Strong planning, organizational and time managements skills
- Confident presence and in person professional appearance
- Demonstrable track record of performance and delivery
- Excellent computer skills
- Fluency in country's most spoken languages
The following experiences are preferred:
- Experience in professional sales roles
- Experience in top on trade operational role (Bar Management / General Management)
- Experience in the Spirits and/or Beverage Industry is a distinct advantage
Our ways of working
Our family legacy has positively influenced our ways of working and has shaped the values to which our employees aspire. We're caring, like a family, and not only internally, but also in the wider communities in which we operate. This is demonstrated by our commitment to both act responsibly and promote the choice to drink responsibly. We trust one another, and through that trust are able to forge strong teams and networks that empower our matrix organization structure. We're passionate, reflecting our Latin heritage, and this means that we commit more than just time to our work: we commit energy, heart and soul. We are dedicated to being a role model in our industry, and we approach everything we do with Integrity First. Together, our values help us create what we're most proud of: our True Heart and Winning Spirit - both in our home markets and across the world.