Are you hard working, have an eye for detail and enjoy being active?
Would you enjoy being part of a busy, close-knit team who work together and have fun?
Are you highly organised and can get things done in a timely manner ?
If you answered yes to these questions, Majestic Wine would love to hear from you!
Majestic Wine is seeking to recruit a committed and enthusiastic Retail Stock Assistant to join our St John's Wood. Our people are our greatest asset, they ensure our customers have an exceptional experience in store and that's why our customers keep coming back.
We are passionate about helping people find the wine they'll love, and it starts with their very first impression.
Your role will be to ensure that our stock is replenished, presented beautifully and is ready and waiting for when that customer walks in the door!
Who are Majestic ?
Majestic Wine is the largest wine specialist in the UK with over 200 stores, as well as a very significant online presence and megastores in Calais, France. Following the merger between Naked Wines and Majestic, CEO Rowan Gormley has set the wheels in motion to transform the business into a new kind of retailer - a retailer that is loved by customers, loved by suppliers and loved by shareholders.
What are we looking for in a Retail Stock Assistant?
In this role, you'll be an ambassador for the way the store looks and is presented.
Therefore, we are looking for people who:
- Will play their part in making sure the store looks fantastic and is a neat, safe and attractive place for our customers to shop in
- Are hard working and have a great work ethic
- Have a great eye for detail to make displays look attractive and pick the correct stock
- Enjoy manual work and are willing to go the extra mile
- Have good organisation skills and can prioritise and be efficient with their time
- Great team players who are adaptable and willing to work in any other area when necessary
- Have a positive can do attitude and are willing to muck in and be a real team player
- Will be happy to pick wine orders and jump in the van to deliver them if needed
Skills / Experience of a Retail Stock Assistant:
- Have managed/worked in stock rooms before (desirable, not essential)
- Be over the age of 20 and have held a full UK driving license for at least 12 months
- Ability to regularly lift cases of wine weighing up to 18kg when merchandising in store or carrying customer purchases to their cars
Why work for Majestic?
We pride ourselves on facilitating a work environment where you enjoy what you do but also importantly, being able to develop and grow your career.
- A Dynamic Culture - You'll have the chance to work in an exciting, busy environment with a culture that genuinely rewards hard work
- Corking Colleagues - Work within a team who are passionate about wine, providing excellent customer service and most importantly fun to be around!
The nice added extras...
- At least the Living Wage hourly pay rate as Majestic Wine is an accredited Living Wage Employer
- A 20% staff discount on everything in store, which you can share with two of your family or friends.
- Free shares, so you can share in the success of the business.
- Access to our bonus schemes for hitting your team's targets
- Fantastic incentives that take you around the world to explore our different vineyards
- Free lunch Fridays (if you hit your weekly targets!)
- WSET Training qualification
- 29 days holiday, including public and bank holidays - this will be pro rata'd if you work part-time
- A contributory company Pension Plan
- Life Assurance (Worth 3 times your annual salary).
- Requirements: Four shifts of 4 hours per week, mornings or evenings.
- Hours: 16
If you want to work in a successful retail business who genuinely care about their people... please apply today!