About the role
The Senior Accounts Receivables Coordinator, reports to the OTC Manager located in GBS Barcelona in support of its mission to leverage resources on a global scale through the use of shared services to reduce costs and working close to the market at the same time, maintaining geographical and time zone coverage, maintaining or increasing customer service, and building new capabilities. Responsibilities include the delivery of Best in Class OTC processes in accordance with negotiated Service Level Agreements, being the GBS - OTC contact point with the market and representing the market within in the GBS-OTC team located in our Global Shared Services Center.
The Senior Accounts Receivables Coordinator will need to understand and know the full process of Order to Cash, including Credit and Collections, Cash Applications, Rebates and Deductions Settlements. Most of the work will be focusing on coordinating the GBS and market OTC related activities, working closely to ensure accurate prioritization and execution of the Accounts Receivables strategy.
Key accountabilities and responsibilities
- Ensure that GBS delivers high standard customer service to the market
- Be accountable for the AR of a portfolio of customers - IBERIA
- Handle collections activities for at list of top customers
- Conduct proactive actions to trigger early identification of issues and speed up the cash collections of top customers
- Act as a point of contact between GBS and the market
- Build communication channels and tools between GBS and the market
- Conduct actions and projects in the market to improve results, drive efficiencies and simplify processes
- Perform visits to the customers to manage payments behavior
- Become a problem solver of issues reported by customers and key market stakeholders
- Manage escalation and keep track of common mistakes and complaints
- Build strong relationships with key business partners
- Ensuring a high level of global process efficiency and effectiveness developing a mindset of continuous improvement by constantly striving for ways to:
- leverage process efficiencies on a global basis
- drive down "end to end" process costs while improving quality and performance
- interact and collaborate with the market business partners to identify strategic opportunities
Both Internal and External Parties (mostly internal)
Level of Communication:
Adapt and Exchange (reach agreement)
Influence (effect change)
Innovation: Identify, develop, and make improvements to new ideas, techniques, procedures, services, or products:
Check - make minor changes
Modify - adapt or enhance quality or value
Measures of success
Strategy: Define collection strategies related to the market such as deduction resolution (Rebates and Disputes), customer behavior (for example, use of preferred payment methods) and key stakeholder relationships.
Communication: Communicate achievements and results to the market, express identified areas of improvement in the various areas (Sales, Finances, Logistics, Customer Service) and gather concerns and recommendations from them.
Alignment: Keeps high awareness of the company plans and objectives and its implication in the areas involved in the OTC Process (Sales, Finances, Customer Service, Logistics and GBS). Also, make sure plans in all areas all well-coordinated with GBS to guarantee the success of the company strategy.
Process Efficiency & Effectiveness: Gather feedback from the market and make recommendations to the OTC Manager, lead process improvement projects and participate in process changes initiatives led by the market as the OTC SME.
Continuous Improvement: review and provide input to process improvement ideas and prioritization, ensure that work plans are completed for improvement initiatives and monitor implementation progress, assist in conflict resolution process and actively manage escalation processes.
Leadership: Ensure the market is aware of the OTC plans, set right expectations of the service provided by GBS, identifies barriers and suggests changes to overcome them.
Critical experiences for success
To be successful in this role you will have / be:
- Experience communicating directly with key partners, including managing issue resolution at high levels in the organization.
- Business and OTC process knowledge (deduction handling related to rebates and disputes is preferred) and a commitment to continuous improvement.
- Experience leveraging with Sales and Customers to resolve payment issues and uncollectable items.
- Ability to negotiate repayment of unearned cash discounts to reinforce terms, expedite early payments, and maximize cash flow
- Skills to analyze and determine best practices to achieve maximum results, often dependent on individual customer needs. Maintains a constant focus on achieving and surpassing established collection targets.
- Knowledge negotiating with customers to gain improvements in hit rates and add customers to EFT or simplified payment methods whenever possible.
- Able to communicate persuasively to Key Account Managers, follow up and conduct proper research in order to resolve open Rebates.
- Expertise advising of potential problems with customer's cash flow, works to minimize risk, resolve credit problems, and late payment issues.
- Proactively partners with internal and external customers to identify trends and resolve issues causing late payments. Requires a full understanding of the customer's strategies, policies and key personnel, as well as Bacardi's terms of sale, internal policies and key personnel.
- Expert on SAP, on policies for credit & collection/Rebates.
- Supervise correct process of customer deductions to identify process improvement areas within the operational areas of the organization.
- Minimum of five years of experience working across one or more of the Invoice to Cash process areas: (Credit and Collections, credit management, invoice collection, deduction settlement, Cash Apps)
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and successfully manage a rapidly changing environment.
- Professional proficiency in English, Spanish and Portuguese
*Internal applicants should have at least 6 months in their current position to be eligible for this vacancy
The following experiences are preferred:
- Experience in the Spirits and/or FMCG industry is a distinct advantage
- Solid knowledge of Bacardi Business Partner/Shared Services Centre of Expertise
- Experience in Shared Services environment preferred
- Other languages specific to region desirable
Relevant education: B.S. degree in a financial, accounting or business-related field; degree associated with process area a plus
Our ways of working
Our family legacy has positively influenced our ways of working and has shaped the values to which our employees aspire. We're caring, like a family, and not only internally, but also in the wider communities in which we operate. This is demonstrated by our commitment to both act responsibly and promote the choice to drink responsibly. We trust one another, and through that trust are able to forge strong teams and networks that empower our matrix organization structure. We're passionate, reflecting our Latin heritage, and this means that we commit more than just time to our work: we commit energy, heart and soul. We are dedicated to being a role model in our industry, and we approach everything we do with Integrity First. Together, our values help us create what we're most proud of: our True Heart and Winning Spirit - both in our home markets and across the world.