About the role:
At the heart of our dynamic global growth is a simple belief: nothing should come between incredibly talented people and an accelerated career.
That's why we dream big. Why we look to the future, not the past. Why we value talent over title. And why we hire people that can be better than ourselves.
At AB InBev you'll join a driven team that shares your desire to grow, your courage to challenge and commitment to act. In return, we'll reward your achievements.
The opportunity is here. Make it yours!
Credit Manager UK
Main purpose or function of the role:
Credit Manager BU North is overseeing execution of credit management and collection processes for BU North and is accountable for the overdue, bad debts and commercial losses results. The role may also responsible to establish and execute the set of financial controls over such commercial areas as management of bonuses & discounts, commercial assets, upfront commercial investments and others.
1. Monitors the level of overdue and commercial losses in the businesses of BU North, regularly reviews the overdue and commercial losses cases with high-values together with Credit experts and collections teams in GCC and ensures the actions are taken to resolve overdue and decrease the losses.
2. Approves credit limits for new and existing customers in accordance to matrix and controls the risk of commercial credit exposure for BU North - leading to constant improvement of credit
3. Approves release of orders in case of overdue and credit limit overrun in accordance to matrix and acts as a point of contact for escalations in customer order block cases.
4. Ensures the efficient and compliant process of bad debt management is implemented in cooperation with legal department and collection agencies or governmental bodies including beer,
loans and listing fee receivables
5. Participates in face-to-face meetings with high-risk customers together with Sales to mitigate the risk of loss and negative impact on BU North cash-flow and commercial losses results. Involved is key overdue issues and commercial losses recovery cases: develops the credit management strategy in partnership with Sales teams based on Global and Zone Policies guidance and de-risking tools used on the market (prepayment/cash flow/guarantees and collaterals others), takes part in negotiations with the customers
6. Interacts directly and continuously with GCC OTC macro processes to evaluate monthly collections performance, monitor continuous process improvement and E2E ownership of overdue and commercial losses results for the GCC scope
7. Regularly reviews the financial controls implied in bonus management and commercial investments contracting, accounting and month end closing activities for commercial investments
8. Monitors the controlling processes in commercial assets management to minimize the commercial losses
9. Leads BU North Credit Committee meetings with representatives from Zone and BU North Finance, BU North Commercial and Sales and Legal BU organizations. Provides visibility on the results in BU North Sales Finance areas and debrief BU/country stakeholders on key risks and issues, ongoing projects
10. Supports in budgeting and tracking for Overdues and Commercial Losses - provides input and continuously monitors, identifies risks and opportunities for Quarter / Year end LE and results
11. Supports Cash Flow initiatives - provides areas of opportunities for CWC improvements, actively participates in customer alignments on WART reductions and reciprocal agreements
12. Supports the forecasting processes (3YP, BU, LE) related to Account Receivables and Commercial losses.
13. Drives standardization of Credit management, collections, commercial Discounts & Investments and other commercial control processes. Point of contact and Subject Matter Expert for local / BU projects for related areas
14. Ensures compliance across BU North with the Credit Control Policy, Commercial Investment Policy and procedures described in the Global/Zone Control Policies and internal control requirements, owner of Sales Finance related Minimum Internal Controls (MICS).
15. Provides ad-hoc support to the Zone Sales Finance Lead, Zone Control Director and VP Finance.
About the candidate:
Responsibilities, requirements, scope & technical skills:
Education & Experience
- Working knowledge of business and finance experience
- Understanding of Credit management, Risk Analysis, Control and Customer relationships
- Strong background in risk & control (risk manager, internal auditor, external auditor...), Sales and credit management processes
- Experience in stakeholder management with commercial function and customers
- Good understanding of IFRS and internal control standards
- Ability to track and organize information data and communications efficiently to ensure issues are dealt with promptness and properly
- Understanding of both finance and commercial processes
- Ability to standardize processes across multiple countries and to coach other teams on finance control processes
- Ability to manage various complex projects in parallel
- Ability to address complex issues at the right level and in the right manner
- Ability to assess a problem and promptly resolve or escalate it
- Ability to work on own initiative and prioritize workload effectively
- Ability to troubleshoot problems
- Excellent communication skills both oral and written; have the ability to simplify complex issues
- Strong analytical skills
- Stress resistant
- Good negotiations skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Self motivator, capable of leading and motivating people. Team player, capable to work independently.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective and constructive working relations with people of different national &cultural backgrounds while maintaining impartiality and objectivity
- Ability to influence without any direct reporting relationship
- Quick learner - will need to be able to constantly understand and analyse business processes never experienced before, in a very efficient way
- Ability to hold local/GCC Sales Finance managers accountable for achieving targets
- Ability to exercise indirect management
- Able to prioritise tasks and flexible to re-prioritise upon requirement
- Able to standardise processes and to influence countries in the right direction
- Ability to implement best practices
- Excellent Excel, Word and PowerPoint skills
- Advanced (C2) English
Education & Experience
- University Degree - Master Degree in Business Studies or Finance
- Professional training in a relevant business field, internal or external audit
- General understanding of Business Administration
- Leadership skills; ability to manage teams reporting functionally across different jurisdictions and
- SAP and FSCM knowledge/skills
About the Company
We are AB InBev. Committed to driving growth that leads to better living for more people, in more places. Through brands and experiences that bring people together. Through our dedication to brewing the best beer with the best ingredients. And through our commitment to helping farmers, retailers, entrepreneurs and communities grow. We are building a company to last. Not just for a decade, but for the next 100 years. Through our brands and our investment in communities, we will bring more people together, making our company an integral part of our consumers' lives for generations to come.
Our brewing heritage dates back more than 600 years, spanning continents and generations. From our European roots at the Den Hoorn brewery in Leuven, Belgium; to the pioneering spirit of the Anheuser & Co brewery in St. Louis, US; and the creation of the Castle Brewery in South Africa during the Johannesburg gold rush. Now, w ith operations in over 50 countries, and our brands sold in over 100, we are truly a world leader, and o ur diverse portfolio of well over 400 beer brands includes global brands Budweiser®, Corona® and Stella Artois®.