WE currently have fantastic opportunity for an experienced ENGINEERING MANAGER FOR OUR world-class PACKAGING FACILITIES based in leven, fife
Diageo is the world's leading premium drinks business, with iconic brands including Guinness, Smirnoff, Captain Morgan and Johnnie Walker.
Our people are at the heart of our business and we look to engage, develop and retain the very best talent for our world-class operations. Diageo creates an environment with the right values, ethics and opportunity for growth at every stage of its employees' careers.
We are looking for forward thinking leaders who are passionate about their people. They need to drive continuous performance improvement and develop a high performing team culture. They need to be strategic thinkers who are able to move seamlessly between working at an operational and strategic level. . They will need to lead and drive change plans from the front and help develop and drive the engineering strategy which supports the goals of both the site and overall Diageo business.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Within the International Supply Centre (ISC) we have 8 packaging sites, Runcorn, Shieldhall, Leven, Baileys Belfast, Baileys Dublin, Guinness Dublin, Santa Vittoria and Don Julio in Mexico.
Leven is the biggest packaging site in the ISC and supplies significant volumes of white and brown spirits to over 170 countries around the world. At the heart of the site is a ruthless focus on Health and Safety, Manufacturing Excellence, and Team engagement which is reflected in our structured and tiered approach to daily operations.
This role has direct reporting of 13 but has overall responsibility for a multi-disciplined team of up to 45 people.
Leadership and management of engineering teams to develop and implement the site asset care strategy and drive significant improvement in the overall engineering performance.
Custodian and advocate of safety of all engineering work on site, and leader of strong governance around internal and external compliance (health, safety, quality, environment)
Further responsibilities include:
* Development of maintenance competence, specifically overseeing the upskill associated with Asset care and Autonomous Maintenance programmes
* Proactively influencing Capital Expenditure budgets
* Site lead of the contractor base and all such activities on site
* Cross functional relationships - Manufacturing Excellence team , Governance teams
* Lead multi-functional work groups in problem solving
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE :
* Degree level qualification in Mechanical, Manufacturing or Electrical Engineering. Other technical qualifications may be suitable when accompanied with suitable engineering managerial experience within an FMCG environment.
* NEBOSH qualification
* Natural leader with a proven track record in people management with multi-disciplined teams.
* Proven track record of structured problem solving through exposure to LEAN, Six Sigma, TPM or Manufacturing Excellence.
Desirable qualifications that could be developed in role include:
* SAP, Planned Maintenance , Environmental and Quality Systems
* Working Knowledge of Environmental Legislation and standards
* COMAH and Legislative controls.
Visit www.diageo-careers.com to apply today! Also visit us on Diageo LinkedIn
Happy to talk Flexible Working