Pernod Ricard UK is part of Pernod Ricard, number two in wines and spirits with sales of €9,010m in 2016/2017. Created in 1975 by the merger of Ricard and Pernod, the Group has undergone sustained development, based on both organic growth and acquisitions: Seagram (2001), Allied Domecq (2005) and Vin&Sprit (2008).
Pernod Ricard holds one of the most prestigious brand portfolios in the sector, including 19 brands among the top 100 worldwide. Pernod Ricard UK has identified the following key priority brands in the UK market: Absolut, Jameson, Chivas, The Glenlivet, Plymouth Gin, Monkey 47, Malibu, Perrier-Jouët, Kahlúa, Beefeater, Campo Viejo, Brancott Estate, Olmeca, Havana Club, Martell, Jacob’s Creek, Lamb’s, Ballantine’s, G.H. Mumm, Graffigna and Wyborowa. Pernod Ricard UK is a member of The Portman Group promoting responsible drinking.
At Pernod Ricard UK we believe that the conversation with the customer is the key to success. With new and significant investment in our field team, our business philosophy inherited from our founder Paul Ricard of “Make a new friend every day”, truly comes to life.
Through our extensive integrated field sales capability encompassing coverage in the Multiple Grocery, Convenience Retail and On-Trade Sectors we aim to optimise our presence and visibility to achieve excellence in the execution of our branded activations.
In order to facilitate continued growth, strategic development, activation excellence and commercial success we require a Field Sales Planning Manager to support the delivery of PRUK’s strategic commercial ambition through the translation of commercial and brand objectives into cohesive planning to enable execution and activation across trade channels at field sales level.
Resource Prioritisation & Contact Strategy
• Translate PRUK commercial activity plans (NPD, brand campaigns etc.) into a clear, prioritised and optimised field sales resource assignment, with relevant KPIs to measure performance
• Utilise and enhance the Pernod Ricard outlet segmentation tool as a means of making effective plans
• Work with category & customer marketing to coordinate sales support resources to ensure successful activation of priorities
Analysis & Optimisation
• Design the right KPIs and reporting suite to analyse the outcome of field sales activities
• Utilise these insights to develop recommendations to optimise campaigns/promotions/investments/resource deployment, and monitor impact of changes on KPIs, supported by the Field Sales Planning Executive
Tools & Systems
• Establish the overall field sales system strategy and development a capability roadmap
• Business owner of field sales systems (Salesforce, TRex etc.)
• Own any system upgrade projects in conjunction with IT
• Maintenance of field sales databases ensuring data integrity and validity, supported by the Field Sales Planning Executive
• Own the strategy for major field sales campaigns (Off Trade Christmas Campaign, Jameson St. Patrick’s Day Campaign etc.), including setting direction on outlet contact strategy, KPIs etc.
• Work closely with the Revenue Growth and Integrated Planning Controller to define and deliver field sales planning resources and structure
• Mentoring and priority-setting for the Field Sales Planning Executive
• Parallel reporting line to Field Sales Director
• Close collaboration with Field Sales Leadership Team to support field operations as above, advising on and contributing to key decision making, including attending monthly Field Sales Leadership Team meetings
• Works in partnership with Customer Marketing, Category, IBP, Commercial Analyst Team and RGM as required
• Networked with wider PRUK stakeholders & business partners across commercial channel teams, customer development, finance and marketing
Key skills, exposure and experience
• Varied experience in FMCG customer facing and/or customer planning roles
• Proven delivery in roles requiring established business acumen and P&L management
• Proven record of collaboration with customer marketing and category development functions
• Strong planning and prioritisation skills
• Advanced data analysis skills
• Computer and systems literate
• Advanced Microsoft Office capabilities, particularly Excel and PowerPoint
If this opportunity sounds great for you please apply below to our exclusive Recruitment partner; Fluid Fusion Ltd.
Candidates must be based and eligible to work in the UK for this opportunity. Please provide your CV (in word format) and current remuneration with your application. Fluid Fusion appreciates your taking the time to apply and closely reviews each submission but sadly cannot always respond to all applicants.