- Expectations and Responsibilities:
- Develop long-term marketing plan, following B-F Way of Brand Building. Establish qualitative and quantitative performance metrics to monitor ongoing health of respective brands.
- Draft annual brand plan.
- Attain annual goals for gross profit, brand profit, case depletions, and share of market as specified in the annual brand plan.
- Make program changes if necessary to achieve targets.
- Direct and supervise the brand plans ensuring consistency with national plans and taking into consideration market conditions, competitive activity and regional consumer insight.
- Direct, review, and monitor the execution of approved annual and long range marketing strategies/tactics, including pricing, consumer communications, packaging, and product line management.
- Communicate and manage resources across territories, channels and consumer segments to maximize return on investment.
- Effectively channel communication across internal and external resources for the purpose of fulfilling annual business plans.
- Points of contact include region/managing directors, (brand director, PR manager, brand business managers, market brand managers), finance, legal, packaging, corporate communications, production, corporate development, and various agency partners.
- Execute special assignments as requested by management.
- Serve as active member on the team, providing input and support for other brands/brand team members on the team.
- Developing strategy
- Deep understanding of brand architecture
- Identifies new opportunities
- Creative intuition
- Budgeting and financial management
- Collaborative approach to business
- Understands and leverages distribution channels
- Exhibits the ability to focus on the #main things#
- Experience in building a strong consumer franchise
- Experienced in package design and product formulation
- Leader in team development (internal and external)
- Exhibits strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability and willingness to evaluate, measure, and monitor activities
- Excellence in resource allocation
- Bachelors Degree: 5+ years marketing and/or sales experience in a consumer goods environment (adult beverage preferred).
- Demonstrated experience in developing Brand Plans. Effective communication and Presentation skills.
- Experience working in a matrix environment (working with field sales, production,agencies and other internal departments).
- Experience working withoutside agencies (currently we work with several agencies (pos,advertising/strategy and everything else is internal). Adult Beverage experience in the Premium Spirits categories or Adult Beverage experience preferred.
Brown-Forman Corporation is committed to equality of opportunity in all aspects of employment. It is the policy of Brown-Forman Corporation to provide full and equal employment opportunities to all employees and potential employees without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, veteran status, age, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, physical or mental disability or any other legally protected status.