About the role
The Internal Control Supervisor is responsible on driving step change to embed governance, controls and compliance mindset into Bacardi Mexico organization. Top main responsibilities will be:
- Ensure the presence of a strong control environment through an effective controls and compliance agenda across the Market.
- Co-lead with the FD the Risk Management by continuously scanning internal and external environment for emerging risks and effectively identifying mitigation plans to meet them.
- Interfaces with senior management on control issues and ensuring that robust policies and processes are in place to capture, report on and resolve control weaknesses.
Key accountabilities and responsibilities
Drive results & excellence in execution
- Identification, coordination and implementation of an adequate level of internal controls
- Lead SOX and Non-SOX controls testing across the market
- Liaise with internal audit regarding delivering expected information before and during the audits
- Responsible of external financial audit
- Implement and follow up until close the action plans from audit recommendations
- Manage and coordinate RMC (Risk Management Committee) bringing an independent risk management / governance lense
- Ensure the Statement of Authorities is updated for all the different matters
- Work closely with the Tax and Legal Departments regarding local legal reporting compliance
- Actively apply audit capabilities to generate insight into business issues and deliver high quality solutions.
Creating a Winning Team
- Owns the communication and training regarding Controls, Policies and Procedures
- Develop a High Performance Team by a culture of coaching, training and constructive feedback.
Measures of success
- Local statutory compliance with regulations ensuring integrity and accuracy of financial information
- Existence of a strong internal control framework
- Policies and Procedures communicated to the Market
- Ensure new regulations affecting (or potentially affecting) the business are applied in the market.
- Audit recommendations closed in time
- Risk Management process in place (main risks with a Mitigation plan structured)
Critical experiences for success
To be successful in this role you will have/be:
- 7+ years of accounting / finance experience in multinational environment
- Strong accounting and financial technical skills
- Ability to work independently
- Proven ability to manage multiple tasks
- Strong communication skills that establishes, fosters and maintains working relationships with peers, management and Shared Service Centers
- Managed all types of audits (internal, external and tax)
- CPA or equivalent
- Audit knowledge
- SAP knowledge
- Language Skills: Fluent English; Fluent English (Oral & Written)
- Ability to lead a multi-discipline team and multi-function project teams
- Ability to work effectively and achieve results in a matrix organization
- Process focused with an understanding of end to end business processes and their financial impacts
- Ability to identify root cause issues and develop plans to resolve
- Skilled at organizing and prioritizing multiple projects and resource constraints to optimize results
- Ability to communicate effectively to senior leadership
- Strong oral and written communication skills. Ability to create, develop and lead virtual teams.
Our ways of working
Our family legacy has positively influenced our ways of working and has shaped the values to which our employees aspire. We're caring, like a family, and not only internally, but also in the wider communities in which we operate. This is demonstrated by our commitment to both act responsibly and promote the choice to drink responsibly. We trust one another, and through that trust are able to forge strong teams and networks that empower our matrix organization structure. We're passionate, reflecting our Latin heritage, and this means that we commit more than just time to our work: we commit energy, heart and soul. We are dedicated to being a role model in our industry, and we approach everything we do with Integrity First. Together, our values help us create what we're most proud of: our True Heart and Winning Spirit - both in our home markets and across the world.