- Act as a thought partner to Territory/State Manager, as well as other key divisional leadership, to help grow the business profitably.
- Partner with Territory/State Managers in developing annual plans/forecasts, short term gap plans, as well as long term strategic plans at the P&L level (mainly through Gross Profit).
- Leads business analytics for assigned markets, partnering with NAR Finance partners as well as divisional resources.
- Through ongoing review of financial results, as well as through planning /forecasting processes, identify, communicate and manage risks and opportunities for the assigned geographies.
- Provide business analysis and reviews to local teams. Based on analysis, use information to facilitate decision making that may lead to development of remedial action plans (RAP).
- Working with Territory/State Managers, facilitate RAP process by acting as a co-developer and a financial gatekeeper. Ensures proper post-RAP evaluation and communication of results to key stakeholders in order to guide future strategies.
- Utilizing internal B-F and distributor systems and resources, and by synthesizing information from sources such as Nielsen, NABCA, etc., maintains thorough understanding on business drivers (volume and per case) impacting current and potential results.
- Responsible for overall pricing and discounting management for assigned geographies.
- Working with Territory/State Managers, co-develops pricing strategy that is reflective of brand direction/guidelines and addresses the local sales and financial needs.
- Ensures price structures are reflective of the current market conditions, transparent to key stakeholders, maintained in price planning system, and in sync with distributor counterparts.
- Monitors brand price position versus established guidelines and competition.
- Coordinates with Channel & Customer Development Group on pricing/discounting.
- Oversees discounting for assigned geographies through the price reimbursement system.
- On an ongoing basis, determines the effectiveness of deals and discounting programs. Optimize the use of discounting dollars.
- Monitors discounting spend vs. forecasts and helps identify ways to address shortfalls or utilize excess funds.
- Act as a business partner to the local teams in order to drive mutually beneficial business decisions with our distributor partners.
- By partnering with local teams, help manage inventory related processes.
- Participate in TPS meetings and other relevant distributor reviews with the goal of influencing decision making while keeping B-F profitability maximization top of mind.
- Foster close working relationships with distributor counterparts.
- Help negotiate and manage distributor margins.
- Bachelor's degree plus 5-7 years of experience in the beverage or CPG industries; or 11-13 years of relevant work experience.
- Interpersonal skills combined with strong oral and written communication skills.
- Proven ability to independently organize work projects.
- Ability to collect, analyze data and present results in a concise actionable format.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Excel and Powerpoint.
- Demonstrates good business sense, including the ability to correctly analyze financial information, and make effective and efficient use of financial resources to achieve optimal results from the brands. Ability to utilize appropriate financial, competitive, and brand data to determine appropriate pricing structures and margins for the distributors.
- Proven ability to understand and communicate the financial impact of business processes and decisions on brands, Brown-Forman, distributors and retailers.
Brown-Forman Corporation is committed to equality of opportunity in all aspects of employment. It is the policy of Brown-Forman Corporation to provide full and equal employment opportunities to all employees and potential employees without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, veteran status, age, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, physical or mental disability or any other legally protected status.