Job title: Head Distiller
Location: Poetic License Distillery, North East England
At Poetic License Distillery our tagline is ‘here’s to the wild spirits!’
Now, that’s clever for two reasons; one, because we literally create wildly inventive and award-winning spirits, and two, because we’re a team made up of WILD SPIRITS. Spirits as in souls who believe in breaking the rules, bucking the trends and being bold! We are a passionate bunch who graft hard to create unforgettable flavours and we’re looking for a Head Distiller to lead our #WildSpirit ethos!
Since 2015 Poetic License have created a line of incredibly successful award-winning gins, vodkas and liqueurs and we don’t plan to stop anytime soon! That’s why we’re scouting out a Head Distiller who is ready to defy the trends and create something unmistakeably poetic! If you’re an inventive soul who can handle a challenge, can deviate from the rules and is overflowing with creative ingenuity then when can you start?
With plans to move forward and establish a leading position in the rum and whiskey market, our Head Distiller will play a key part in our growth plans and assist in the new development of our 2000l still and visitor centre!
What we need you to do:
• Oversee the production of our existing tasty tipples
• Develop ideas and recipes for new flavour combinations
• Support the Managing Director in the new development of rum and whiskey products
• Maintain quality systems within the distillery
• Ensure compliance and relevant HMRC reporting is completed
• Support the distillery sales and production team in their personal development
• Be a brand ambassador for our name and products at events and masterclasses
What we need you to have:
• Minimum of 3 years’ experience in distillation
• Relevant qualifications from IBD
• An abundance of creative flare and self-motivation
• An excellent communicator and ability to lead a small but passionate team
• Excellent salary package – it’s a great job, but nobody works for free!
• A company vehicle to get you from A to B!
• Rewarding bonuses!
Please send a copy of your CV with a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org