The Global Brand Manager - Jack Daniel's RTDs, reports to the Global Brand Director - Jack Daniel's RTDs and will be a key member of the Jack Daniel's Global team. He/she will be an integral part of the group responsible for the deployment and activation of the Global business strategy for Jack Daniel's RTD. Launched in 1991, RTD has grown to be over 8.6M annually and the third largest contributor to the Jack Daniel's family of brands. JD RTD continues to have a long runway for growth with geographic expansion the largest driver of growth by 2025. The Global Brand Manager will be a vital part of the team to ensure this goal is achieved. This responsibility covers the full range of influences on brand and portfolio value creation - sometimes referred to as the "Five Ps" - and demands a strong grasp of the many components of the "Art & Science" of brand building. Ultimate success in the position will be assessed via a blend of brand performance metrics and leadership effectiveness.
The Global Brand Manager is responsible for supporting new market expansion of RTD while ensuring our core markets continue to grow through various innovation levers. Specific responsibilities include:
- Lead a "learning loop" that evaluates performance, addresses new opportunities, and shares best practices across relevant markets.
- Lead critical deliverables of go-to-market plans for core markets and new markets (packaging briefs, ETQ process and communication plans) in collaboration with the local teams.
- Play an active role in delivering and continuing to refine the long term strategy and development of the RTD strategy.
- Complete robust analytics and diagnosis of business and consumer issues and opportunities to influence brand plans globally and in local markets.
- Develop creative synergy with Jack Daniel's full strength and program elements that solve business issues and better meet the markets' needs.
Lead with influence by connecting and collaborating with global stakeholders
- Evaluate overall brand opportunities, market needs and program effectiveness to develop brand aligned programs that grow the brand based on team input.
- Lead agencies and internal teams for the creation of brand assets and programs which may include; traditional communications, digital / social communications, packaging, PR, experiential and event-based projects.
- Collaborate exceptionally well with multiple internal and external contacts including other brand team members, the digital, insights, PR, production and finance functions as well as regional/global marketing teams and agencies.
- Be a visible leader of the business: demonstrate curiosity and be proactive in seeking out learning opportunities with the functions above. Work closely with the broader team to hone the practices of marketing.
- Sharing of best practices.
Manage and collaborate with innovation, production and packaging teams to execute go-to-market RTD launches and core market plans
- Manage special packaging and innovation projects to deliver new brand introductions or changes to product or packaging.
Key Connections - Internal/External:
The following stakeholders are essential points of connection for this role:
- JDFOB Leadership Team - all.
- Brands Leadership Team - primarily Consumer Insights and Marketing Services teams
- Regional and country marketing directors.
- Key market JD and marketing leaders.
- Jack Daniel Distillery teams - in particular, GM, Master Distiller and Homeplace leader.
- R&D leadership.
- JDPI Team
Desired Leadership Characteristics:
- The Global Brand Manager Jack Daniel's RTD's is a Brown-Forman leader. As such, the leadership characteristics the role requires are captured within "The BF Brand of Leadership" and is best described as "respectful leadership". Attributes of this are ..... an open-minded, collaborative spirit grounded in trust ..... a belief that "no one of us is as smart as all of us" ..... an equal appreciation of the "what" (results) and the "how" (process, relationships) ..... the practice of diversity and inclusion ..... a commitment to highly responsible and caring behavior ..... and a regular demonstration of humility.
- B.A. plus 4+ years marketing, sales or sales promotion experience
- Previous experience with RTD and/or Beer
- Demonstrated experience in developing, executing and managing programs or marketing activities specifically new product or market launches.
- Solid commercial acumen including all facets of the P&L
- Strong verbal and written skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to operate effectively in a collaborative matrix
- Experience working with outside agencies (creative development and innovation concepts)
- Demonstrated ability to develop and execute innovative "big ideas"
- Strong analytic skills and the ability to turn "insights to actions"
- Strong results orientation, with a track record of delivering
- Ability and willingness to travel 25-30% of the time, including some weekends
- Spirits/ Bev Alc industry experience.
Grade : 32
Brown-Forman Corporation is committed to equality of opportunity in all aspects of employment. It is the policy of Brown-Forman Corporation to provide full and equal employment opportunities to all employees and potential employees without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, veteran status, age, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, physical or mental disability or any other legally protected status.