About the role
In this role, the candidate will support the UK Operations Centre Procurement Lead to develop and deploy strategic Procurement sourcing plans for Raw Materials associated with whisky (yeast, malted barley and wheat), EU alcohol and global casks. The role will have accountability for managing service levels and performance levels to meet business objectives and will be responsible for the overall management of a substantial budget. The successful candidate will be located in Glasgow reporting to the Procurement Lead for UK Operations.
Key accountabilities and responsibilities
- Support OC Procurement Lead to define and build relevant deck to present the procurement sourcing strategies for yeast, malted barley, wheat GNS, EU Alcohol and Global casks and execute ongoing sourcing strategies for those categories under scope
- Contract development that will lead to a competitive advantage in the markets the position serves.
- Evaluate and implement cost savings ideas to achieve budgets, define and lead local and regional procurement projects that will lead to savings/efficiencies
- Responsible Sourcing Strategy and program plan with suppliers
- Optimize working capital through best practice raw materials inventory management.
- Develop alternate supply sources and identify cost reduction opportunities
- Develop and deploy supply chain and sourcing strategies for raw materials aligned to the overall objectives of the business
- Increase local / regional procurement effectiveness through identification of strategic purchasing categories and the implementation of suitable 'frame work' agreements
- Ensure the design, implementation and management of an effective supplier development program
- Work closely and in full transparency with the Operations Centres and Supply Chain teams in the region, collating demand volumes and assess any opportunity to reduce cost without jeopardizing the quality of the requested products
- Ensure that all the strategies for raw materials under scope are reviewed and agreed by the key Stakeholders within the region prior to final approval
- Building collaborative relationships with external supply partners, identifying new supply opportunities where appropriate and keeping up to date with market trends.
- Responsible Sourcing
- Ensure all suppliers under scope are sedex members and fully audited according to Bacardi policy
- Ensure all necessary contracts and award letters in place and signed in order to be fully compliant with the Global Procurement Policy
- Ensure all new potential suppliers are qualified through the VQP
- Ensure all suppliers under scope have a sustainability program in place and are appropriately certified
- Ensure no suppliers under scope are in conflict with Bacardi code of conduct
Measures of success
- KPI's for each of the categories under scope are available, including Payment on Time (POT) , Payment terms compliance with Group's policy
- Objectives are agreed and fully delivered
- Sourcing strategies are implemented on time in full
- Budget is in control / no relevant PPV
- No supply interruption / business continuity is ensured
- All contracts are fully compliant with internal policies and registered into a specific data base
- Demonstrated strong collaboration with key stakeholders
- Deliver agreed value creation target
Critical experiences for success
- Bachelor's or Master Degree in Business, Economy, Supply Chain or Engineering
- 5 to 10 years Procurement in an FMCG/Beverage company with cross functional and geographical matrix management, up and down
- Procurement, Strategic & Transactions Commodities.
- Experience within different businesses and divers cultures.
- Collaborate with strong, multifunctional teams to deliver with excellence.
- Mobility - willing to travel 25% of time.
- Proven negotiation results with significant experience in a dynamic sourcing environment
- Working knowledge of best practices such as global strategic sourcing and industry practices, standards and trends.
- Understands how the financial performance of one's own function contributes to that of the organization; uses budgets and forecasts to manage financial performance;
- Strategic and reflective thinking, able to adapt quickly to changing business and customer needs
- Good negotiation, communication skills, backed up by proactive, decisive and entrepreneurial operating style
- Strong drive for results with positive, transparent and ethical style
- Is non-bureaucratic, listens and people-oriented
- Is comfortable to work within a matrix organisation
- Is self confident with a "can do" attitude, is growth oriented
- Business savvy and a good understanding of the consumer & customers' needs.
- Understanding of Bacardi business strategy.
- Strong understanding of what the Bacardi brands stand for and how Bacardi is organized.
- Good understanding and knowledge of COGs structures and P&L's of finished products.
- Excellent knowledge of processes within operations (finance, manufacturing, supply chain).
Our ways of working
Our family legacy has positively influenced our ways of working and has shaped the values to which our employees aspire. We're caring, like a family, and not only internally, but also in the wider communities in which we operate. This is demonstrated by our commitment to both act responsibly and promote the choice to drink responsibly. We trust one another, and through that trust are able to forge strong teams and networks that empower our matrix organization structure. We're passionate, reflecting our Latin heritage, and this means that we commit more than just time to our work: we commit energy, heart and soul. We are dedicated to being a role model in our industry, and we approach everything we do with Integrity First. Together, our values help us create what we're most proud of: our True Heart and Winning Spirit - both in our home markets and across the world.