About the role
For more than 25 years The Patrón Spirits Company (PSC) has created the world's #1 ultra-premium tequila, using timeless techniques to ensure every drop is the very best. Our product is more than something to drink; it's a memento of a simply perfect moment. From weddings to work promotions, each handcrafted bottle is an original reminder of something or someone worth celebrating. Patrón provides the perfect opportunity to capture, craft and share these experiences worldwide.
The Patrón Spirits Company (PSC) seeks a full-time Director, brand marketing for their portfolio of brands, focused on Patrón Tequila, the #1 luxury tequila brand in the world. This position will actively direct strategic marketing communications for the brand.
Key accountabilities and responsibilities
This role is for an action-oriented leader, not a delegator, who knows how to execute creative and input across multiple channels including traditional media, digital, video communications; social and influencer activations and partnerships.
You will lead agency relationships and need the gravitas to operate at senior levels of the organization, so experience managing and influencing multiple stakeholders will put you in good stead to ensure alignment, understanding and buy-in.
You are passionate about culture and delivering great work that is creative while delivering on the business objectives.
This role is responsible for directing the marketing communication strategy and planning.
Integrated Brand Communication
- Directs agency on the creative development of a range of brand assets including advertising, content, partnerships and style guides.
- Ensures consistent visual identity across multiple platforms.
- Works with and reviews creative from all functions including digital, social, promotions, & education to ensure on brand content.
- Develops agency and stakeholder relationships to deliver robust brand messaging, creative, engagement and media activation plans for key activation periods.
- Coordinates with global markets to ensure proper branding on a local level.
- Manages multiple agency relationships to ensure creative and media are aligned on messaging, resources and timing to maximize consumer impact.
- Reviews and enforces proper branding across a range of internal and external materials such as newsletters, sell sheets, consumer emails.
- Supports media planning and measurement across broadcast, print, and out of home & aligns with the digital and social team on media planning.
- Works with VP, brand on overall brand strategies and communication plans.
- Develops a deep understanding of the consumer and how to translate that into relevant communications.
- Establishes a constant learning process around competitor's creative, communications assets and strategies.
- Leverages key brand tracker learnings to implement communications that build on target market insights to unlock growth.
Business Performance Management
- Accountable for delivering flawless executions of all assets.
- Proactively brings new creative and media ideas to the organization to engage target.
- Connects marketing communications to business objectives.
- Accountable for delivering improved brand health.
- Ensures measurement and evaluation plan in place on all communication activations.
- Manages budget.
Measures of success
Critical experiences for success
- Bachelors degree in marketing or related field
- Minimum 8 years managing a brand, lifestyle brands preferred
- Proven ability to think strategically, understand the big picture but not be afraid to get hands dirty and approach projects in a collaborative manner
- Proven success in driving brand campaign ideas within a cross functional team to help ensure integrated marketing plans that reach brand goals
- Strong writing ability, excellent communication and presentation skills
- Proven success in stakeholder management
- Ability to travel 50%
Our ways of working
Our family legacy has positively influenced our ways of working and has shaped the values to which our employees aspire. We're caring, like a family, and not only internally, but also in the wider communities in which we operate. This is demonstrated by our commitment to both act responsibly and promote the choice to drink responsibly. We trust one another, and through that trust are able to forge strong teams and networks that empower our matrix organization structure. We're passionate, reflecting our Latin heritage, and this means that we commit more than just time to our work: we commit energy, heart and soul. We are dedicated to being a role model in our industry, and we approach everything we do with Integrity First. Together, our values help us create what we're most proud of: our True Heart and Winning Spirit - both in our home markets and across the world.