About the role
Bacardi Canada is looking for a Sales & Marketing Coordinator to join their Sales team at Bacardi's head Office in Toronto. This role reports to the Regional Director - Eastern Canada (RD), and supports the provinces of Ontario, Quebec, and the Atlantic Region.
This position provides selling support and is responsible for managing the receipt/co-ordination/distribution of selling materials for the Eastern Canada team. The role is also a communication conduit between head office to the field and executes sales analysis, SAP/Invoicing and reconciliation and performance tracking for use by the RD, and Key Account Managers (KAM's) in strategic decision making.
The ideal candidate will be action oriented and intuitive to business needs, with proven strength in reporting and excel abilities, and can maintain a strong sense of urgency in supporting a regional team.
At Bacardi, we are passionate about career development. Interested in getting into our industry? This role is a great opportunity to start and grow your career with us!
Key accountabilities and responsibilities
- Ensure the integrity of the Bacardi Canada database including: track volume versus target; spend versus budget; and executional programming versus plan monthly; track on-pack programming performance versus plan; execute programming break-even analysis monthly; track Bacardi on-packing, pricing, and display activity monthly ensuring relevant accounts are contained in the data base; on a weekly basis list new licensee information and new sales data; track competitive programming and pricing monthly; track competitive hierarchy and head count bi-annually.
- Perform category analysis encompassing: monthly category trend analysis; monthly sku trend analysis; assist KAM's in coordinating planogramming data.
- Provide retail and shipment trend performance through data and field information in order to aid RD//KAM's in monthly product forecasting.
- Create monthly shipping update reports regarding year to date retail sales; performance against targeted objectives.
- Maintain and update on-pack and merchandising grids based on Brand Manager and RD information data input. Track licensee On-Premise promotions versus On-Premise requirement grids and inform RD of updates.
- Responsible for submissions to liquor boards and communicating board deadlines
- Completing the Eastern Region's applications for gift packs, value- add programs, image programs and listing applications along with any other applications pertaining to the customers. Responsible for updating the Tactical Plan data base, as well as providing the RD, Customer Marketing Managers, Hub Logistics (located in Miami) with a hard copy of the approved application.
- Conduit between BCI and third party SGWS sales execution teams within the region to ensure clear communication of programs and expected execution within the trade.
- Expedite merchandising material distribution including: coordinating the receiving of all materials from head office (located in Toronto) to third party field execution partner Southern Glazer Wine & Spirits (SGWS).
- Process invoices via SAP from vendors and customers and manage invoice reconciliation process.
- Communication conduit between RD, KAM, Customers, and BCI head office, as well as field public inquiries.
- Tracking incentives and supporting planning and coordination of special events.
- Ensure adequate number of supplies are available i.e.: cups, information sheets, coolers, value add, takeaways of any kind, taster logistics (i.e.: time, date, product), pay tasters, track tasting budget versus spend.
- On a monthly basis update BCI product/price lists; create sell sheet for various programs, territory outlays, product lists.
- Manage fax and email communications: regular maintenance/updating of Bacardi contact list ensuring current retail and licensee fax numbers; ensure current fax number of all communications; create/develop fax out sell sheets to advertise LTO's, price changes, and/or new products and fax out sell sheets to all retail/agency stores; set up and execute group fax outs re: LTO's etc.
- Assist the RD/KAM's in preparing presentations, the general preparation of all materials required by the RD/KAM's as per their business requirements.
Measures of success
Measures of Success include ongoing proactive support to assigned region.
Critical experiences for success
- Demonstrated SAP PO/Invoice & reconciliation experience along with managing through database systems
- Experience coordinating product information locally/regionally/globally
- Demonstrated analytical skills and proficient in using Microsoft Office software including Word/Excel/PowerPoint/Access
- Solid functional administrative skills and focused time management skills
- Proven self-starter/ independent problem solver and comfortable driving results
- Demonstrated capability in creating efficiencies
- Solid practical operational understanding of Connect and AGLC administrative processes
- Proven track record of best in class communication aligning internal resources
- Bilingual English/French would be an asset
Our ways of working
Our family legacy has positively influenced our ways of working and has shaped the values to which our employees aspire. We're caring, like a family, and not only internally, but also in the wider communities in which we operate. This is demonstrated by our commitment to both act responsibly and promote the choice to drink responsibly. We trust one another, and through that trust are able to forge strong teams and networks that empower our matrix organization structure. We're passionate, reflecting our Latin heritage, and this means that we commit more than just time to our work: we commit energy, heart and soul. We are dedicated to being a role model in our industry, and we approach everything we do with Integrity First. Together, our values help us create what we're most proud of: our True Heart and Winning Spirit - both in our home markets and across the world.