The Manager of National Trade Marketing will drive at scale execution and execution compliance against our National Programs and platforms. Utilizing account segmentation to identify the right accounts to activate a brand or program.
It will work directly with distributor Trade Development teams to determine the right level of activation and mange ordering of POS centrally.
Financial - Significant POS Budget that must be focused against the right elements in the right markets against the biggest business opportunity for Diageo.
M&E - critical that we learn quickly utilizing TRAX and account segmentation to help inform and refine target account lists by market/brand/consumer
Compliance - we will always be DMC compliance
Brand Aware - this role will ensure that brands show up at retail in a way that is consistent with the brands purpose and tone
- Responsible for managing POS budgets effectively across markets.
- Ensuring that investment is focused in the right POS elements, allocated to the right markets and executed in the right accounts
This is a complex role that needs to simplify our approach to POS ordering and activation across the markets. Partnering with and developing great relationships across key stakeholder communities will be central to the success of the role - Market Activation Teams, Distributor Trade Development Teams, CP&A, Brand, Agencies. Individual will need to be agile and quick to course correct investments, accounts and ways of working to enable the simple activation.
Leadership Responsibilities and Decision-Making Rights
- Accountable for the success of driving the transformation and WOW to retail Merchandising and POS activation in the market- ensuring that we have best in class POS and at scale execution.
- Influential across many different stakeholders - local activation teams, agency partners, Brand/CP&A teams and external parties such as distributors and customers
- Responsible for driving the NEW operating model and achievement of Display goals (right brands/account and right tools for right channel)
- Project Management Skills will be important as the individual will need to manage many process/timelines and stakeholders, covering many markets and entire Diageo Portfolio.
- Learning & Development will be critical in this role. You will ensure that our field teams and Central teams (Brand & CP&A) are equipped with knowing what works in what channel/markets.
- Measurement & Evaluation will be important to help inform what's working and what's not and corrective actions will be made at pace
Top 3-5 Accountabilities
- Achieve National display execution goals
- Refine the way of working with field teams so it is sustainable and set up for success to deliver against EDGE goals
- Manage to budget/sub budgets and ensure that there is zero waste
- Use Account segmentation and TRAX to inform investment/execution priorities
- Know the retail landscape and understand what tools are needed to drive performance by channel/sub channel
- Resolve and/or escalate issues/risks quickly
Qualifications and Experience Required
- Strong Commercial understanding and experience (+5 years)
- Must have Project and Agency Management experience
- Insight and understanding of Off and On-Premise POS Tools
- Engaged, influenced, and coordinated stakeholders
- Financially astute and must able to manage a complicated and dynamic budget across multiple spend types and vendors
Customer Marketing: Shopper Marketing