To deliver excellent performance against the Diageo Beer Co portfolio through effective territory management in Central Northern CT w key customers and local DBC Local agencies.
- Assist in the delivery of annual, quarterly and monthly execution targets for the assigned market
- Establish and manage an agreed up account universe to maximize sales opportunities using the QDVP3 model (Quality, Distribution, Visibility, Price, Promotion and Persuasion)
- Negotiate and maximize Beer PAB presence in the on and off premise channels using the Persuasive Selling and 8 Step sales models
- Plan and manage trade A P against proven growth drivers
People Management Responsibilities:
This role has no direct reports. This role will be responsible for working with distributor personnel, Diageo marketing and finance teams and relevant agency personnel (Inspira MKTG) to achieve agreed upon goals. Reports to Distributor Manager.
- Daily Weekly account level Pre Plans
- Develop account level goals for Quality, Distribution, Visibility, Price, Promotion and Persuasion (QDVP3)
- Develop and Deliver the Guinness Quality plans in the On Premise
- Influence and motivate wholesalers to execute against the key sales drivers by brand for the assigned territory.
- Plan and manage investment (Beer PABs) for assigned territory
- Assist in the planning and execution of kick-off meetings for new innovation and programming initiatives as needed
- Analyze on off premise channels within territory to effectively plan and execute promotional activities
- Work with National Account and Retail Chain teams, as needed, to coordinate key account planning at wholesalers within the areas of responsibility.
- Identify local growth opportunities that tie into the NEP
- Provide grounded market insights including industry dynamics and competitive information
Qualifications and Experience Required:
- Undergraduate degree required.
- Must be a self-starter with a proven track record in influencing others with the use of fact based selling.
- Must be well organized and possess the ability to prioritize multiple initiatives.
- Able to generation ideas to develop the market.
Knowledge: Tier 1 major market wholesaler management; consumer need states; retail sales in chain grocery, independent liquor and on-premise; thorough understanding of wholesaler operations; proven influencing skills. Thorough understanding of competitive activity, market dynamics, and Quality standards. Understanding and application of data analysis. Uses and executes metrics to measure performance.
Skills: Persuasive selling, negotiation; problem solving; planning organizing; proficiency in Microsoft office; financial acumen; superior written and electronic communication; extreme abilities to influence internal and external stakeholders; possess a positive outlook; excellent negotiator; exhibits independence, resiliency and tenacity. Process oriented. Understands and applies inter-dependencies across functions. Self starter, forward thinking change agent.