Purpose of Role:
Reporting directly to the Operations Shift Manager, the Maintenance Team Leader (MTL) position's primary function is work execution of both unplanned and planned/scheduled work in the current week (tactical focus). The individual is accountable for the efficient and effective use of all maintenance resources and materials under their direct supervision. The MTL is charged with the development of the craftspeople assigned to ensure the site has a well-trained, effective, and efficient maintenance workforce. From both a planned and unplanned perspective, the goal is to remove obstacles that prevent the effective and timely execution of maintenance work and to emphasize and enforce safe work practices.
- Ensure that all work; including modifications and changes to any process have a valid work order with all specified approvals.
- Attend the Tier 1 (operations shift handover) meeting to understand the events of the last 24 hours.
- Lead the Maintenance Tier 1. Validate the Shift Report Responsible for Safety. Quality, Food Safety and Environmental on the crew they manage.
- Report out at Production Tier 2 meeting with fellow team leads with items pertaining to maintenance
- Reviews all planned job packages for labor requirements, materials, parts, methods, permits, and priorities.
- Distributes work orders and job plans directly to those assigned to perform the task.
- Assign Mechanics to the jobs on the daily work schedule.
- Works in partnership with the Planner/Schedulers to understand the backlog and priorities.
- Controls job execution including quality, duration, cost and thoroughness of all work under their direct supervision. Directs Mechanics in the performance of approved maintenance jobs.
- Interfaces with Production on any changes in duration or any other conditions that impacts the schedule.
- Controls all maintenance crew payroll, overtime, tardiness, and absenteeism in accordance with established site standards.
- Ensures the orderly conduct of maintenance team members with respect to company policy and procedures compliance.
- Provides support and technical guidance to ensure proper job execution
- Assures accurate distribution of time and materials to specific jobs by ensuring accurate work order completion information, including failure cause, action taken, component and condition found information within SAP.
- Ensures that good housekeeping and safe work practices are followed in the shop and on all jobs.
- Owns specific Equipment Centers from an Overall Equipment Effectiveness perspective
- Actively leads safety awareness and information sharing meetings
- Drives crew engagement
- Devotes ample time to On-The-Job (OJT) training and observation of skills exhibited by each individual to determine where individual skills enhancements are necessary, i.e. did the job take longer than necessary?
- Provides training to Mechanics and others with respect to SAP.
- Develops and maintains individual Development Plans as well as conduct regular 1:1 feedback sessions.
- Develop Mechanic core competencies in Plant Utilities
- Be a Continuous Learner yourself
- Lead Improve initiate according to Lost Waste Analysis
Qualifications and Experience Required:
- BS in Engineering or other Technical discipline required
- 5+ years manufacturing or maintenance supervision experience
- Hydraulic and pneumatic maintenance experience
- Drive systems/transmissions experience
- Basic Controller/Processor, Industrial Electrical Wiring, Mechanical/Electrical Devices and Circuits experience Basic Drive Maintenance, Installations, troubleshooting experience
- SAP experience
Tech - Maintenance