External Job Title :
Internally Known as: Stores Manager
External Job Description :
Purpose of Role:
This role will be responsible for the daily operations of the spare parts crib providing support of the manufacturing facility. This role will monitor and verify that the site has all necessary spare parts on hand to keep the facility operating efficiently.
Directly responsible for the overall spare parts budget. This role has responsibility for the spare parts inventory for the entire site.
- Manage a support staff to meet departmental goals
- Drive the setup of the stores area
- Determine critical parts/inventory levels
- Develop and Begin Implementation of Process to:
- Optimize inventory levels and service.
- Assure that planned work has parts available and kitted before work starts.
- Minimize stock-outs for emergency work, and have expediting capacity.
- Assure accurate stock keeping records and appropriate controls on parts based on valuation.
- Maximize the reliability contribution of stocked parts and consumables.
- Control costs through planned inventory and elimination of obsolete stock.
- Supervisory responsibilities are in accordance with company policy and applicable laws. Responsibilities include: training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding, disciplining, and motivating employees; addressing complaints, resolving conflict, solving problems, scheduling vacations, and verifying payroll sheets.
- Direct the planning and implementation of key initiatives to improve Bottling/Canning/Warehousing operations.
- Monitory parts crib inventory in an SAP environment
- Track departmental financials
- Purchase Order creation for facility spare part
- Place spare part orders with Vendors
- Work with Team Leads/Planners and Maintenance staff to ensure we are stocking needed spare parts in the parts crib
- Oversee/perform cycle counts of parts
- Lead / Work on projects to improve part crib operations
- Perform inventory adjustments
- Track maintenance work orders to supply needed parts
- Manage/stock work order Kitting area
- Receive parts into inventory (Mail/Old work orders)
- Search for parts in inventory
- Manage/track critical spares
Skills, Qualifications and Experience Required
- Experience of SAP inventory management module
- Demonstrated ability to effect change within a manufacturing environment through diagnosing, designing and implementing solutions.
- Broad knowledge of Equipment management and project implementation
- Good computer skills
- Strong communications skills
- Collaborative and inclusive approach to work
- Detail orientated
TO ALL RECRUITMENT AGENCIES: Diageo does not accept unsolicited agency resumes.
Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Diageo employees or any other company location. Diageo is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Tech - Maintenance