Diageo North America aspires to be the first choice drinks business in the U.S. We are the world's leading premium drinks business with an outstanding collection of brands including Johnnie Walker, Crown Royal, Smirnoff, Ciroc and Ketel One vodkas, Baileys, Tanqueray, Guinness and more.
Diageo's purpose is to celebrate life every day, everywhere, and we look for opportunities to enable this through our reward offering, incentives, career development opportunities, health benefits and compensation.
The Bulleit Distillery in Shelbyville is the newest addition to Diageo's NA Distillery portfolio. The Bulleit brand is undergoing significant growth and this is a key role in ensuring we continue to deliver high quality whiskey to meet consumer demands. Join our team and celebrate with us.
- Supervise and coordinate all activities of workers, including operational, personnel, and administrative tasks. Develop, manage, and lead a performance-oriented, efficient team-based staff to produce a finished product.
- Develop new process and programs to reduce and minimize losses - Oversee annual operating budget, excluding labor
Directly responsible for lead personnel and hourly workers.
- Interview and hire employees; resolve conflicts; coordinate daily staffing
- Ensure efficient production and high standards. Optimize safety, quality, production, and cost objectives through employee involvement and team building approach to problem solving.
- Train and monitor personnel to ensure proper procedures are followed.
- Communicate production schedules and schedule changes to appropriate departments.
- Direct the planning and implementation of key initiatives to improve production operations and partner with the warehousing team.
- Ensure all monthly safety and food safety audits are completed on time, all corrective action items are completed, and all distillery workers understand the goals.
- Review all production paperwork and ensure all paperwork is filled out accurately and completely.
- Ensure production databases are properly maintained and information utilized for continuous improvement.
- Monitor parts and supplies inventories and place all necessary orders to ensure business needs are met.
- Manage assigned budget accounts.
- Complete labor cost estimates for special projects and rework.
- Generate ideas and implement changes in processes and use of equipment to increase efficiency, improve safety and quality, reduce costs, and improve employee morale.
- Research, write, and implement assigned Capital Authorizations (CAs).
- Remain abreast of industry changes and new technology, equipment, systems, and procedures as they relate to improving the distilling area.
- Work with management staff on productivity, quality, and safety issues.
- BA/BS in Business, Management, Science or Engineering, five plus years of people management experience in distillery or warehousing facility; or equivalent combination of education and experience in distilling operations.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Computer literate: SAP, Microsoft Office
- Strong leadership and management background
- Strong analytical and budgeting skills. Excellent organization and time-management skills.
- Must work well with other departments, as well as all levels of management.
- Must be customer oriented
- Thorough working knowledge in relevant standards such as PSM (Process Safety Management), OSHA, HACCP, and ISO.
Make - Distilling & Maturation