Diageo Plainfield is seeking employees to work as Line Team Members in manual production work. Work schedules will vary across days, nights and weekends. The total number of hours will vary from week to week. The pay rate is $12.26 per hour with overtime paid after 40 hours. This is an ideal role for someone looking to make some additional money on a part-time or seasonal basis like students, individuals looking for a second income or those moving between jobs.
Essential Functions Overview
- Perform all job functions safely.
- Must regularly lift, push or pull up to +50 lbs
- Regularly exposed to a noisy, wet environment.
- Work in and around moving machinery, moving vehicles.
Core Duties include:
- Follow all safety and quality procedures
- General manual work
- Stacking and building pallets
- Placing bottles into boxes
- Cleaning and / or re-working bottles and labels
- Adding additional items to bottles/ boxes i.e. stickers, ribbons, designs etc
Additional Duties may include:
- Perform all responsibilities in compliance with safety, sanitation, quality and housekeeping rules.
- Clean machinery to maintain optimum machine performance. This may include using tools to: scrape, wipe, sweep, squeegee.
- Troubleshoot machinery to main optimum machine performance. This may include: clearing jams, adjusting / resetting equipment, removing glue / labels.
- Repair substandard packages. This may include: Relabeling bottles, re-stacking boxes on pallet.
- Loading equipment with packaging supplies. This may include: lifting overhead, regularly lifting up to 50 lbs.
- Moving and dumping garbage and recycling containers. This may include lifting up to 100 lbs*.
- Follow Good Manufacturing Procedures (GMP), perform tasks per the Master Sanitation Schedule (MSS) and follow general housekeeping guidelines and rules for Food Safety Regulations. Keep area updated with 5S.
Make - Packaging